Which Indian Blogs Do You Love to Read?

IT.com
99.9% of the blogs write about things that concern only a very small minority of the Indian population.

Very True...and I agree with you. At the same time you have to also keep in mind that Internet penetration in India is next to zilch (hardly 3%). So already 97% are gone...
The other part - "that it does not concern many" does not seem to be factual statement. Have a look at blogs like WATblog.com, India Economy Blog, labnol and many more who do a great value addition to most peoples knowledge with their perspective of things. With Trak.in too, I keep in mind broad spectrum of people.

So although the blogs are currently not very widespread, I see people slowly moving from impersonal news portals to more "personal Blogs" of their choice.

I have not doubt that Blogs will become an intrinsic way of communication few years down the line, just as email is today !

Here are 10 reasons why you should blog

Thanks guys - what I'm going to try and do is get a list of the best Indian blogs and add them to the left column of this site.

If you know of any more - feel free to post them here.

I would be great to give more publicity to high-quality blogs.

Most of the blogs load very slowly and mostly write about stuff which I find irrelevant. (I can't do much about my internet connection - I have experimented with 4-5 different ISPs). I find it cheaper and faster to read the news from magazines and newspapers

Most of the blogs load very slowly and mostly write about stuff which I find irrelevant. (I can't do much about my internet connection - I have experimented with 4-5 different ISPs). I find it cheaper and faster to read the news from magazines and newspapers

DNK, I agree with you on that completely...Internet connections are too slow in India and thats where one of the problem is...Broadband connections need to grow faster for blogs to be popular...

Steve, I just put up a post yesterday which has top picks on Indian Business Blogs. Please refer to that post and you will have a readymade list for you..
I request you to go through the blogs however, to make your own judgement..

Thanks Trak

I've been through the Times list and added a couple to the left column.

I'll continue adding good blogs as I find them.

I developed an Indian blog: India Websites

It will review websites that use the .in domain extension.

If you have a .in website that is developed, I will happy to do a review of it (along with links pointing to your site). The only requirement is that you put up a link to India Websites

Please reply here if you would like to participate.

Well, I think there are many Indian bloggers who write quite good blogs. And there is other set of people who make good money from their blogs. You can find many of them at DP. But not all of them use .in as TLD.

i have started a india forum Being.in India.
its already page rank 2 and got the coolest name IMO.
toni

Last edited by a moderator:
The only Blog that I do follow up daily is by Amit Aggarwal, Labnol Probably the most popular blog by an Indian. an Intuitive design and an amazing fan following.

Thats a good one jeff. I never read too many indian blogs and there are not specific blogs i read. I read whatever comes my way and which i find informative.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom