Which hosting company are you using right now?

Parth

I'm looking for a hosting company for a simple blog. I've noticed several popular bloggers recommend Bluehost, but I believe they might be making a commission off those sales. I've read reviews, but they seem to be from people who aren't actually using the hosting company, or they're outdated. Which is why I'm asking which hosting company are you using right now? Are you happy with the service? Have they disappointed you in some way?

JackD

Country flag
I have been using an un-managed VPS server from GoDaddy for the last 12 years and then I have two other shared hosting accounts with them. For the most part, service has been decent. I would give them a 6 out of 10. Recently I became a reseller for LogicBoxes and their tech support to me has been phenomenal.

Foroux

I've been using Dreamhost for my family blog and my aunt's photography blog. Everything loads fast enough, even with my aunt's HD picture content. We really aren't high demand clients though with millions of web visitors taxing the resources.

Parth

Thank you all for the feedback. I've checked reviews online, but it's hard to tell who is getting paid for their review and who is providing details about their genuine experience. I've also seen a lot of five star and one star ratings with no additional details provided whatsoever. I knew you all would do better than that!

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
The one thing I've noticed about reviews is that you should pay attention to how recent they are. I've found that a lot of companies start out doing a great job, then their business grows, then they either get too big or the founders sell or something, and service declines dramatically. Yet they still promote the reviews they received in the early days when they were doing a good job.

I find that I have to switch hosts every 3 or 4 years or so, just because a lot of good companies seem to get complacent over time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dibon One company for all hosting needs Hosting 5
S Which web hosting company provides best affiliate program Hosting 1
Simone Starting Hosting Company Hosting 8
I Which hosting company is n1 secure and trusted? Hosting 4
D Web hosting company with non .com name servers? Hosting 5
silentg ★★ SharedServerHosting.com ★★ Start Your Own Hosting Company Non-India Related Domains 0
itajooba Start Your Hosting Company For Sale / Advertising 0
R Start your own hosting company Zero Investment. Its Amazing. For Sale / Advertising 0
N Hosting company for video tutorial website Webmaster Forum 9
Host.co.in [Host.co.in] Get 25% OFF Windows VPS Hosting | Starting at Just ₹ 999/Mo | 99.95% Uptime! Hosting 0
Host.co.in Get 25% OFF Linux VPS Hosting | 99.95% Uptime | 30 Day Money Back | Host.co.in Hosting 0
Host.co.in ✅[Host.co.in] | Save 25% on Managed VPS Hosting | Linux/Windows VPS | 24/7 Tech Help! Hosting 0
T Step by Step Guide To Transfer Hosting Like a Professional Hosting 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton : Hosting provider can influence your SEO Resources 0
J Choosing Best Hosting Services Hosting 0
Prashant Sharan File hosting site “Share-Online.biz” taken down Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan CSC is hosting a domain name strategy Webinar Resources 0
M Client hosting infected files and blaming us if site is hacked Legal Issues and Dispute 1
Prashant Sharan Epik choses to sponsor 8chan’s domain; refrains from hosting Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN hosting a free training session before NamesCon, Europe Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan NamesCon Europe is going for Domain Hosting Auction Non-Indian Domains 0
Bharat Hosting at 50% rate! For Sale / Advertising 0
wpfreak Free Image Hosting .co.uk Please Review Website Reviews 2
S Web Hosting Hosting 3
Raman Which types of hosting is good for business directory? Hosting 5
ritchie Unlimited hosting Hosting 6
Saki Hosting for $0.99 a month? Hosting 5
Mikhaela Best hosting price Hosting 2
marsh Bad hosting companies Hosting 2
Parth Which Hosting Site Offers Hand Holding? Hosting 0
domainking131 Top 89 “Hosting” and “Host” Related Domain Names Sold Over Last 5 Years Non-Indian Domains 0
Saki Older Hosting Sites Hosting 10
Kimla Hosting Options Hosting 3
Jason76 Can a free hosting biz be profitable? Hosting 6
pioneerauthor How Do I Find A Web Hosting Site With Free Domain Name Registration? Hosting 2
Jas Building your own hosting Hosting 7
Jason76 Green Hosting Hosting 1
Jason76 The .hosting and .host domain extensions Hosting 0
Britney Reactivating hosting account Hosting 2
K Hosting renewal Hosting 7
tulip All about web hosting Resources 6
Mallard Individual site hosting or multiple? Hosting 1
Dusart Hosting affiliates The Lounge 0
Britney Seperate Domain Registration and Hosting Hosting 4
H How can I choose a web hosting? Hosting 15
domainking131 GoDaddy Acquires ManageWP For Best WordPress Management And Hosting Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest 'The Largest Hosting and Cloud Event in India', WHD.India, The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, SEP 28, 2016 Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
DomainSherpa (Almost) Free Email Hosting for Your Own Domain Name The Lounge 0
anquest SAI POLA's DomainPROS.com Sells Web.HOSTING @ $75K / Joins the TOP 5 Sales 2016 YTD in this Category New GTLDs 1
Jas Hosting with Free Plan Hosting 15