himtuna

from where must I buy an IDN?

-http://domainsite.com/
-enom.com
-one more site... i think i found dayton....dont remember
-godaddy

Re: where to but IDN?

ok i bought it from godaddy.
but one question,..... when i type the domain suppose.. र.com will I be redirected to र.com .. or my url at my browser stays at र.com
pretty confused though. and i cant add the domain in cpanel do i have to add that xn--t2b.com ?
if the browser, urls, are not using र.com and redirecting to dsfsdkfsd then its not usefull.. pls clarify me .

but one question,..... when i type the domain suppose.. र.com will I be redirected to र.com .. or my url at my browser stays at र.com/
pretty confused though. and i cant add the domain in cpanel do i have to add that xn--t2b.com ?
if the browser, urls, are not using र.com and redirecting to dsfsdkfsd then its not usefull.. pls clarify me .

I'm not too familiar with IDNs, but this will probably help:

Internationalized Domain Names - How IDNs Work

thanks buddy i typed the domain i bought and saw the punycode in the firefox
but opera does the job well
"
Firefox supports IDNs by default. Firefox displays IDNs in punycode unless the registry of the domain�s TLD has posted a policy on what characters it permits and how it handles homographs - similar looking characters from different character sets or scripts. You can see their policy and the whitelisted TLDs here. You will note that .com and .net are not on their whitelist. Not cool. Fortunately, outside English speaking countries, which is where IDN is primarily aimed at, Firefox does not have widespread adoption.
Opera resolves all IDNs to native character sets even when entered in punycode form. It’s a good browser, but not many people use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

but still not clear what to add to the dns settings xn--11bv3cwcq.com i think so .. with google apps also....
??

but one question,..... when i type the domain suppose.. र.com will I be redirected to र.com .. or my url at my browser stays at र.com

It depends on the browser.

For Internet Explorer, the browser address bar will display xn--t2b.com

In Firefox, some IDNs are displayed in unicode, and some in punycode. I'm not sure how they do this - I believe that they may have a white list of sites.

In Opera, the browser address bar will display र.com

Regardless of browser, it's still useful. A web user can type र.com into the address bar of any browser and will end up at your site.

One more vote up for dynadot.com

I have had good experience with dynadot. Quite impressive user interface. Very accessible even if you a domains in quantity.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom