When to sell?

IT.com

descorpio

I want some tips on how to sell the domain names. I have got many number of domain names. But i am using only 2 as active. Other domain names i need to sell. But most are reluctant to buy it. Why is that? people often are ready to buy blogs or domain names with PR. Can you give me some tips...

It really depends on the quality of names you have there, you can try the usual routes of avdertising them, Sedo, here on inforum, add then to your signature on forums, another good source is at namepros.com, sure jeff wont mind me mentioning them here :).

you could also try listed.co.in as well, all the above mentioned are free.

Wish all the best with your names.

Rightly pointed out, the best way to sell them out is to leave links in the signatures, and this helps even if the domain name is not of much relevance to you but it might relate to others, especially the LLLL domains.

At least in the .in space, the only domains that seem to sell relatively easily are commercially oriented domains and three letter domains.

Other kinds of domains, even if they may have a lot of potential value to an end user, are a lot harder to sell. They can take a long time to sell unless you sell at firesale prices.

If you're not in a hurry for the cash, often just listing them for sale in the major market places and waiting for an offer is the best you can do. If you're in a hurry for cash, doing what easydoms and Maverick suggest is good.

Also, if people are reluctant to buy it may be that your prices are too high. You can put your names up for appraisal to get a better idea of what others think they are worth.

If you have a better acronym domain for a website you can also ask the owner about a buyout. Most webmasters do love to have shorter URLs that are easy to remember.

Maverick, be careful with that! That's pretty risky to do from a legal point of view. That can be used against you in an INDRP dispute. That being said, I know some people who have been successful in getting end user sales that way.

I think the best way of doing that is putting your domain up for auction, then once the auction is going, letting end users know about the auction. You can encourage them to bid, with an explanation of why it would be beneficial to them, and point them to price lists of what similar domains are selling for.

I think you should better promote your domain name. You can submit the URL of each domain name in your portfolio to all the major search engines and start driving search traffic to your parked page.

After a while the search engines recognize that it's a parked page and will de-index it.

If you're trying to get search traffic, you should put up some sort of a mini-site instead of parking.

Rightly pointed out Jeff, The methodology works best with the upcoming organisations. And yes The way you told about notifying amidst an auction is a better way.

I would suggest that you build the site a few pages and content but add relevant content that you think the domain name matches its niche. I would also list the site on sedo and see if you can get some offers. Try to list your domain name in different forums and remember when users are buying from you its better to use escrow so they know they are dealing with a seller that is legitimate.

It depends if they're quality names. If they're quality names, names that people would want to buy, then you should have no problem in selling them, not unless you decide not to advertise them at all. Good luck!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom