What You Ought to Know About WordPress 2.7

IT.com

Ceres

Technosailor's Aaron Brazell has written up a very handy post about the soon-to-be-released WordPress 2.7.

It sounds like WordPress 2.7 will bring about quite a few changes including vertical menus, threaded comments, quit edit, sticky posts, plugin installer and more.

You can read about the changes at:

10 Things You Need To Know About WordPress 2.7 | Technosailor.com

There is currently no official release date for WordPress 2.7 (it is in beta).

I hear you!

However, WordPress users don't have much choice but to keep upgrading. From what I've seen, hackers often exploit vulnerabilities in older versions of WordPress.

WordPress has now released WordPress 2.7 Release Candidate 1. Unless some serious bugs appear with this release, RC1 will likely lead to the final product.

We think RC1 is ready for everyone to try out. Please download RC1 and help us make the final release the best it can be. As always, back up your blog before upgrading.

If you want to try out WordPress 2.7 RC1, here's the link that lets you know how:

WordPress › Blog » WordPress 2.7 Release Candidate 1

***SEE UPDATE BELOW*** to get the latest stable version of WordPress.

Last edited by a moderator:
WordPress 2.7 "Coltrane"

It's time again...get ready to download WordPress 2.7 "Coltrane" - the latest stable release of WordPress.

This may be the last time you have to manually upgrade WordPress. The new version of WordPress includes a built-in upgrade that allows you to download upgrades with a single click.

Good luck with the upgrade! ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Are there any security issues with 2.6?

2.6.4. has a security flaw, which was fixed in 2.6.5 (see: WordPress ? Blog ? WordPress 2.6.5)

Regarding 2.7, the WordPress development blog doesn't mention if they fixed any specific security problems found in 2.6.5. It just states that 2.7 fixes some bugs and includes many new features.

According to the Technosailor article mentioned in my opening post:
Like WordPress 2.5, this is a radical release. Like WordPress 2.5, the bulk of the changes affect the WordPress admin. Unlike WordPress 2.5, however, this is not merely an update of the backend but a complete rebuilding.

I have already upgraded one of my blog and I’m currently enjoying it. I like the new look of my dashboard. Sure that some plug-in aren’t working but I’m sure that the developers are working on it.

I have already upgraded one of my blog and I?m currently enjoying it. I like the new look of my dashboard.

Hi Postman, thanks for your sharing your experiences regarding your upgrading to the new version.

Sure that some plug-in aren?t working but I?m sure that the developers are working on it.

This highlights why some people are waiting for WordPress 2.7.1 to come out before they upgrade! :eek:

waiting for WordPress 2.7.1 to come out

No, not 2.7.1! I can't cope with all these upgrades.

But seriously, if there are no security issues, it makes sense to wait a bit to update until all the bugs have been worked out.

No, not 2.7.1! I can't cope with all these upgrades.

But seriously, if there are no security issues, it makes sense to wait a bit to update until all the bugs have been worked out.

Don't worry Jeff, there's no talk yet of 2.7.1. ;)

I was just giving an example that many people will wait for the next release of WordPress, which I'm assuming will be called 2.7.1. From reading Postman's last comment, it does sound like there are a few bugs that need to be worked out.

I recently downloaded WordPress 2.7 and so far everything works okay.

At times, I do get a bit lost as the dashboard has now been moved to the left-hand side. But hey I get confused easily. ;)

Upgrade to WordPress 2.7.1

WordPress 2.7.1 maintenance release is now available. It fixes some bugs and provides a few enhancements. Everything went smoothly for me - I just clicked automatic update and hey presto I upgraded to 2.7.1 in no time. :)

For more info, see WordPress ? Blog ? WordPress 2.7.1

Getting ridiculous how many Wordpress updates there are. If you have enough sites, you could spend your entire life doing nothing but Wordpress updates...

Getting ridiculous how many Wordpress updates there are. If you have enough sites, you could spend your entire life doing nothing but Wordpress updates...

Somehow I just knew you'd be happy to hear about the upgrade... ;)

Seriously though, I hear you.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom