What You Don't Know

Swisslist

Imagine you have 4 running blogs and they all do okay. They are all on subjects you are familiar with and everything about your blogs reflect that. Would you consider starting a 5th one on a subject you know nothing about, and just hope for the best? Fake it until you make it?

tulip

I have been there before and so I'd say, testing unfamiliar territories can be a big gamble. If I had 4 blogs and they were all doing well, my focus would be more on optimizing them.

Dusart

Banned
The worst thing you can do these days is try to fake it online as an expert or authority on a subject that you know nothing about. There is just too much information out there that people will immediately see through you as a fraud.

marsh

You have to venture into something that you have experience on. There's nothing as bad as starting a blog on a topic that you know nothing about, then abandon it halfway. I'd rather concentrate on my niche and get the best out of it.

Swisslist

Thank you all for the input. So, what if you make it clear from the start that you are still learning yourself, and make it kind of a community where other people can learn from each other as well?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan ATTENTION !!! : Yogi Solanki shares some DOs and DON'Ts about outbound sales Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Don't forget to report to IRS when you exchange a domain name for BTC Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's 2 Cents: Don’t negotiate a great price Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Don't look at sales in a vacuum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Don't buy expired domains that violates a Trademarks Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Consult "Domain Name Attorney" and don't “Ask a Lawyer” on a Domain Forum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on half a billion domain auction business that we don't know about Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Judges don't find harassment suit against Uniregistry upto the mark Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: I don’t share the domaining industry’s excitement about the Voice.com sale Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Don't give web developer access to your domain registrar account Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Google: Don’t Buy Domains for Past Rankings; Knows When They Change Hands Resources 0
JulienJ If I Had Just Started With Domain Names Today, I Don’t Think I Would Make It The Lounge 0
domainking131 You’ve Got an Offer, Now Don’t Blow the Deal! Resources 5
domainking131 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO Webmaster Forum 4
domainking131 If You Can’t Even Remember Your Own Website Don’t Expect Others To… Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Most Companies Don’t Know What To Do With Domain Names! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
C I don't get email notification for new private message. The Lounge 6
DomainSherpa 16 New TLDs, Which Don't Suck; SEM & SEO Results for New TLDs; .Whatever or Dash?... The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Review - August 11, 2014: Detect.com, PoolToys.com, NM.uk, Don't Buy... The Lounge 0
Aubits Don't Undersell your Premium Keyword .in and .co.in Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 9
W InchAllah.org - IS SELLING RIGHT NOW DON'T MISS OUT! Non-Indian Domains 0
I Indian .COM domains for sale (Don't Miss) For Sale 1
T Nixi set to don the role of national internet registry... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Ceres Google: I See Results You Don't See...? Webmaster Forum 0
ebiz4india 5 Domains Package Deal, One Word Premium Keywords. Don't MISS IT. For Sale 2
OzDomainer Don't Sell Your Names To Soon or To Cheap! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 15
Jeff Don't Buy Turnkey Websites Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres Don't Make the Same Mistake Twice Webmaster Forum 0
M sing, don't act! The Lounge 6