What tools do you use for development?

Mallard

I know most people go for the free tools, but what do most of you use to develop sites? If I'm coding I use textpad or Notepad++, but I do a lot of small changes through Wordpress front end now, because it is just so quick.

Britney

I had to learn how to create a website from scratch, and I couldn't afford paid services, so I have been using free tools, but if I start making good money I will definitely be upgrading to the paid ones.

ritchie

I know most people go for the free tools, but what do most of you use to develop sites? If I'm coding I use textpad or Notepad++, but I do a lot of small changes through Wordpress front end now, because it is just so quick.
I am not a hands-on person so most of these services are normally outsourced. I think I will have to learn most of these skills and start doing coding on my own.

overcast

I have SublimeText editor which is free. But recently switched to Visual Studio Code. Apart from that I am also using the Bitnami local web development server. This makes using the web development flow lot easier. Also with this setup I don't have to pay a single cent for the same. Which is good considering how the tools are helping these days.

Kaitlin

Banned
I suppose a lot of us use free tools for now but I'm thinking that when the time comes and we start making more money then it will be time to upgrade to the paid versions which are more efficient and even easier to use.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains: Tools to find Chinese meanings of acronym domains ( updated ) Resources 0
Digital Pandit Let's look at DN Academy's new domain name data manipulation tools Resources 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver really likes domain tools Resources 0
Digital Pandit BEGINNERS MUST LISTEN !!! : Alvin Brown's Fav 6 domain name suggestion tools Resources 0
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains: These tools help you find Chinese meaning of acronym domains Non-Indian Domains 0
J keyword research tools in multi-languages Webmaster Forum 0
Digital Pandit Google now has two new tools to understand your videos’ performance in Search Resources 0
J Quality Content Checker Tools Webmaster Forum 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton's talk on Using tools to better track domain sales funnel Resources 0
Digital Pandit Owner of Zon.Tools follows a legal route to get ZonTools.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JackD #Estibot : New beta version of #domain #valuation tools looks awesome! The Lounge 0
J Content Quality Checker Tools Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 Tools for capturing leads and growing your email list Development Options 0
tulip SEO tools Websites 2
J Image Editing Tools Webmaster Forum 15
overal wtools.io - free web tools Website Reviews 4
domainking131 Namebio turns 10. It's one of the most useful tools for a domainer Resources 2
domainking131 Shopping for Domains Using Automated Tools and Curated Lists Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Astoria Company Now Offering Domain Owners Set of Tools Non-Indian Domains 0
D Traceroute tools Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 270+ Tools for running your business online Resources 0
DomainVillas Mortgage Loan Banks.Com, Software Recovery Tools.com ,Business-Loans.Info External Auctions 0
domainking131 Rightside hackathon to create tools to support gTLDs Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Discussion: .COMs are Meaningless; New TLD SERPs; Sherpa Tools... The Lounge 0
domainking131 .Tools get 1,759 registrations on first day New GTLDs 3
domainking131 Get web design articles, designer resources, forums and tools & software here Resources 0
domainking131 20 incredibly useful tools for Web Designers Resources 0
CyberKing The Best Online Tools To Know Everything About a Website Webmaster Forum 0
CyberKing Domain Pricing Tools Domain Appraisals 4
7Turnkey Free Text Tools Website For Sale Websites 0
R Yahoo! Site Explorer now Bing Webmaster Tools Webmaster Forum 5
coreyg Free Cleaning Tools for you computer The Lounge 4
R SEO Tools Directories and Search Engine Submitter Webmaster Forum 0
M Google Adds Video Sitemaps Errors To Google Webmaster Tools Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres Microsoft to Launch Transliteration Tools Indian IDNs 0
T Geo-targetting .IN domains in Google Webmaster Tools General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Ceres Colour Contrasting Tools Webmaster Forum 3
Jeff Cool IDN Tools Indian IDNs 8
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Stephen Campbell on no-code domain development subscription business Resources 0
Digital Pandit Peter Askew just shared his Domain Development cheat sheet Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton interview Matt Holmes - Discusses domain development and lead generation Resources 0
Digital Pandit A German travel site, property development companies and a bitcoin trading platform bought domains Resources 0
fpforum VB.Net Programming, PHP/MySQL Website Development Services Available For Sale / Advertising 0
CyberKing ZAP.in - A sale and development story that needs to be told? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Gaurav ** NO RESERVE ** AppGuide.net | Great Development Potential | Well aged External Auctions 0
ritchie Skill development Business and Economy 6
Simone Quick guide on development Development Options 0
domainking131 4 reasons domain development fails after successful domain parking The Lounge 0
domainking131 Apple to open huge development centre in India Business and Economy 2
domainking131 Apple to Inaugurate Hyderabad Development Centre on Thursday Business and Economy 0