WHat on EArth!! : Why is someone trying to phish DN registrars

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
Criminal is spoofing ICANN.

Hacking individual domain name registrar accounts is so old-school. Why not gain access to an entire registrar or registry?

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) issued an alert that someone is running a phishing scam impersonating ICANN. The emails (so far) come from sales (at) icann.org. The perpetrator is sending them to contracted parties.

ICANN recently sent an email to some contracted parties from accounting (at) erp.icann.org, which it says is a valid email.

Full article

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan What on earth!! : Major registries are posting “fabricated” Whois data Registrars 0
jedi Domain "Nibiru" may be close to earth ~~ NIBURU.us ~~ Non-India Related Domains 2
jedi Domain Wake up! "Nibiru" is getting close to earth ~ NIBIRU.in" For Sale 3
manishrpal KASHMIR.biz - paradise on earth For Sale 0
anquest NetBook.CENTER Sells @ EUR 4K (appx. US$4,442) / Tackle.DIRECT $2.5K / Earth.SCIENCE $2.5K New GTLDs 0
anquest Earth.WORKS Sells @ $11.25K / Smart.WATCH $9.5K / Fang.TOP $9.8K / News.TOP $9.5K | DNJ TOP 20 New GTLDs 0
domainking131 This week’s new TLDs: Save the .Earth, .Forex and more New GTLDs 0
domainking131 .Green Turns Earth Day into Earth Month - Celebration Continuing This Weekend in New York City New GTLDs 0
Md.Azmathullah EARTH'S EXTREMES. The Lounge 0
kussy Desi Google Earth The Lounge 2
Jeff Bombay High Court asked to ban Google Earth The Lounge 3
Ceres Live Earth: Mumbai, India 2008 The Lounge 1
Ceres Message From Planet Earth The Lounge 3
Prashant Sharan Joe Styler decsribes “How to buy a domain that someone else owns” Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Problems of building a business on someone else's company’s platform Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: What should you say to someone if you want to buy a domain name from them Resources 0
JulienJ Someone Caught Great Deal at Flippa; How Is This Domain Venue Performing for You? Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Someone bought domains to donate to a Madison Mayor Candidate, then decided to charge $30k for them Non-Indian Domains 0
A Why would someone spend 1.5 million on a domain name? Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 There is always going to be someone holding the bag Non-Indian Domains 0
M Someone Review My Website Website Reviews 4
ish88an Want someone who can sell my Premium .in Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
W What !!! Someone paid it, only in the USA ; 1-35mm-ebet-com-sale/ (Great) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
DNJournal.com Someone Filed a UDRP Against Me- Now What? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
C premium name for someone who is in hosting business For Sale 0
Ceres Domino's Pizza: How to ruin someone's appetite... The Lounge 2
Prashant Sharan Ethos Capital is trying to vitalize the PIC and .ORG Stewardship Council Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DigitalTown trying to clean up an ugly balance sheet Legal Issues and Dispute 0
P I'm trying to contact witha .in domain owner. Can you help? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
T Major TV Station is Trying to take my Domain!!! HELP!!! Legal Issues and Dispute 5
K Trying.in Domain Appraisals 0