What is your national animal?

IT.com

vlada

I heard that the tiger is a national animal of India. Is it truth or not? I heard that all countries have their national animals. For example, Philippine Eagle is the symbol of the Philippines.

Vlada, I just came across a Wikipedia article, and it looks like India has three national animals:

- Bengal Tiger
- Indian Peafowl
- Indian Elephant

Also, the national animal of the Philippines is the Carabao.

Source: List of national animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interestingly enough, many countries seem to adopt the Eagle as their national animal.

I learn something new every day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vlada, I just came across a Wikipedia article, and it looks like India has three national animals:

- Bengal Tiger
- Indian Peafowl
- Indian Elephant

Also, the national animal of the Philippines is the Carabao.

Source: List of national animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interestingly enough, many countries seem to adopt the Eagle as their national animal.

I learn something new everything. :)
Many thanks for your answer! But I am very interested why India has so many national animals? I think that for every country one animal is more than enough for demonstration its national spirit!

Even I agree with Raghav. Indian national animal is the Bengal Tiger. National bird is the peacock. Elephant is not our national animal, not until the last time I checked. :)

As I live in the USA, ours is the American Bald Eagle.

I never knew the symbol of India was a tiger - pretty cool!

Every since I moved to Canada, I see symbols of beavers everywhere. So I guess Canada's national animal must be the Beaver. :D

I think India's national animal is the Tiger and nothing like Bengal or something.Anyways I will be thankful if someone will be able to clarify the concept of having a national animal.If the concept is noble enough then why not have a number of them(why only one)?

I did some more hunting around to see if the Wikipedia article is wrong or right?

I came across an official Indian government website which talks about India's national symbols, so hopefully the data on it is correct! :D

According to National Portal of India : Know India : National Symbols :

- The national animal is the Tiger.

- India also has a national bird, which is the Indian peacock, Pavo cristatus.

- The Elephant appears on India's emblem (as well as other animals)

The Wikipedia article did mention all these three animals, but did not list them very clearly. It's only when you click on the links within the article do you realize that the animals fall within the specific categories highlighted above. The problem of course is that not everyone will click on the links!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom