What If Domain In Godaddy Auction Own By Different Person?

IT.com

Nishith

Country flag
Like Title suggests,

My friend have one domain which is listed for Auction at GoDaddy.

I got it for him in drop catch, but the domain is still listed in auction @ GoDaddy.

So, What happens if someone pays full price in "Buy Now" option at GoDaddy?

Anyone experienced this? OR Any thoughts?

Is the domain about to expire? If so, your friend just needs to renew it.

Godaddy doesn't transfer domains to the winner for 8 days after the auction ends - so it is not unusual at all that someone wins an auction, pays for the domain, does not get the domain, and then gets a refund.

Is the domain about to expire? If so, your friend just needs to renew it.

Godaddy doesn't transfer domains to the winner for 8 days after the auction ends - so it is not unusual at all that someone wins an auction, pays for the domain, does not get the domain, and then gets a refund.

Nop,
The domain was Expiring in January 2017.
The domain was Expired and dropped, I caught on April 2017.
It was listed for the auction @ GoDaddy before it got Expired and Dropped and it is still Listed.

And I think this is Private Listing at their Auction.
Sale Type: Offer/Counter-Offer with Buy Now
"Make Offer" is minimum $13K and "Buy Now" Price is $20K.

I was just curious to know what happens if someone pays full fees to GoDaddy and asks for Domain??? :eek::D
As they wouldn't be able to give ownership of the domain...:)

I was just curious to know what happens if someone pays full fees to GoDaddy and asks for Domain???
I think this happens frequently with all of the auction sites. The domain is listed, the owner sells on a different site or does not renew for whatever reason but does not remove it from all auction sites. An offer might be made but since the domain cannot be transferred, a refund is given. I have actually had to request that Afternic removed 2 domains that they had listed with previous owners so that I could list under my account. You could send GoDaddy auction support an email telling them you are the owner and that the listing is not yours and ask them to remove the listing that is in error. Being proactive may keep down an hassles at a later time.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom