What has happened to the .IN domain market?

IT.com
I have faded from the active scene but still hold a number of .IN domains. Has the market for these names dried up completely?
I am personally earning more then ever via Sedo parking but it seems sales of names has vanished and prices are very, very low.
Please enlighten me!

Great to see you again DomainLobe!

The reseller market sucks, but I think that is the case in all extensions.

For me at least, end user sales have improved this year. I'm curious what others' experiences have been in this regard.

Glad that your parking earnings are going up! You may be able to improve them even further by testing out other platforms.

I wonder if it is ever possible to sell .in's to Indian end users using Indian IPs via Sedo now? Recently, end user approached me regarding one of my .in's, but he wasn't able to load corresponding Sedo page since it was blocked by his ISP.

Bummer - I still have hopes that the future will change these kind of things. You have to be in for the long haul on .in. He still approached you, so that shows there are interests there for sure and should only increase over time.

I Highlight some reasons for this downfall, but there is light

1. The problem all began in 2011 with everyone knowing domains available for $2(Make that < $2) that gave a flood in registrations and hence people got into domain tasting, These domains were registered, parked and dropped a year later

2. There were another lot who also bought a lot of domain @ $2, more than we could handle, since we bought a domain for $2, and were just tasting it, if we did not want to hold on to the name we are ready to sell it for $10 - $50 after 8 months, we were selling really good names here and on other forums for $10 - $100 back in the end 2011 to the start of 2012 and it really hurt the market, So now Today every buyer thinks they can get a .in semi - premium/premium name for $10 - $50, What we were only doing is building renewal money for the domains we wanted to keep, as the harsh reality hit .in domains do not earn on parking and 8 months isnt enough to build a profit making site

But here is the light, 2014 - 2015 - End Users, If you bought a domain with an intention that there is an end user out there, hold on to it IMO,
Do not get hussled buy buyers telling you .in domains are weak the market is dead, so sell your brandable, short LLL.in for $50 - $100, let them not have it, If they think the market is weak whya re they trying to get in?

I feel this is good for .in domains that "domain flippers" dont want good names or are not willing to pay big

Reason: I always hated the fact that "domain flippers" made junk sites just to make a domain earn money, parking is fine to me(I Know .in domains cannot be parked legally) as an Internet User/Web Surfer would know that the page is parked compared to a real site, But using time and effort just to put up an unwanted site that just earns Adsense Doh! is ridiculous, Its a waste of advertiser money and resources (Thank You Google for cutting down on these content spinning scumbags)
But when an end user uses a domain for an actual Project/Operation/Startup/Enterprise/Website or Existing Business I know the value of .in will go up within India and Globally. I hope we have these turn of events and better

I wonder if it is ever possible to sell .in's to Indian end users using Indian IPs via Sedo now? Recently, end user approached me regarding one of my .in's, but he wasn't able to load corresponding Sedo page since it was blocked by his ISP.

You should not have used sedo to make the sale happen. Use ecop- 100% secure and lower commission. i've used it for 2 sales this year with indian buyers.

The point probably is we see less .in sаles reported since it is impossible for Indiаn end users to buy .in's via Sеdo.

You should not have used sedo to make the sale happen. Use ecop- 100% secure and lower commission. i've used it for 2 sales this year with indian buyers.

I confirm. I used eCop for a $3k .in sale last summer and all went just fine.

I have faded from the active scene but still hold a number of .IN domains. Has the market for these names dried up completely?
I am personally earning more then ever via Sedo parking but it seems sales of names has vanished and prices are very, very low.
Please enlighten me!
GOod to hear you still hold some .in domains. But please done fade from the scene again :)
we want to see you more active and present!

an indian buyer made an offer on an LLL.in domain of mine 2 months ago and sedo's info said the buyer was from India, so i wonder how he was able to do so.

But here is the light, 2014 - 2015 - End Users, If you bought a domain with an intention that there is an end user out there, hold on to it IMO,
Do not get hussled buy buyers telling you .in domains are weak the market is dead, so sell your brandable, short LLL.in for $50 - $100, let them not have it, If they think the market is weak whya re they trying to get in?

I feel this is good for .in domains that "domain flippers" dont want good names or are not willing to pay big

But when an end user uses a domain for an actual Project/Operation/Startup/Enterprise/Website or Existing Business I know the value of .in will go up within India and Globally. I hope we have these turn of events and better
YOu are right on the money bro.Minimum any of us should be selling .in domains to end users is $200(and thats still a bargain for the buyer usually). The metrics OR numbers show that .IN should be a winner in the long term. its realy time to hold, hold, hold...but sell some along the way for now if suitable buyer comes around.i dont let any end user or domainer tell me my portfolio is not good.

The point probably is we see less .in sаles reported since it is impossible for Indiаn end users to buy .in's via Sеdo.
Yes, and that leads to people thinking .IN is still sleeping and not growing in value. But then again, direct emailing allows us to by-pass sedo as the sales middle man. we should also remember that mitsu will probably do the escrow for us domainers so we should offer that service to potential buyers too.

We just want to inform you that today we did escrow for one of our very loyal customer for free , Amount involved for one .in domain name sale is INR 5 lacs (almost USD 10000).... Please donot ask for domain name as the buyer is among India's top 10 corporate house , they have the strong trademark on exact term of domain name but they prefer the purchase instead of INDRP. We donot do escrow for such higher amount but for our very very loyal customers we require to do this and even help them in selling the domain name.

As a registrar we receive 5 to 7 calls per month from end user to buy the domain name registered through us , As end user do contact us before approaching owner, in such cases we are always happy to provide our input to complete the sale for our loyal clients. We think Indian customers are now prepared to buy the domain name at higher price , scenario is changed a lot in last one year. More and more paying buyers are emerging in the Indian market and according to our study within next three years you will see a great .IN market.

.IN market is very much alive even today only issue is that the sales are not reported , if you ask us then we say every month we see end user buying domain name at high price (at lease two to three private sales per month in the range of USD 5000 + per domains are coming to our knowledge ).

During this time some investors are building their portfolio and we are sure that they will be in great profit.

@Mitsu

I don't need to ask you for the domain name, I trust you. I look forward to using your escrow. Thanks for what you're doing for the .IN domain community.

Thanks, the_poet

All Loyal and Trusted Customers of Mitsu
are always welcome for any .IN help :

1. Escrow
2. Domain name acquire and selling help
3. Help in any Legal issues including INDRP process.
4. Help in acquiring Trade Mark , Indian Company Formation and Bank account opening ...etc.

Thanks, the_poet

All Loyal and Trusted Customers of Mitsu
are always welcome for any .IN help :

1. Escrow
2. Domain name acquire and selling help
3. Help in any Legal issues including INDRP process.
4. Help in acquiring Trade Mark , Indian Company Formation and Bank account opening ...etc.

I can say I maybe a 33% loyal Mitsu customer as My Domains are spread across Mitsu, Godaddy and BigRock

But one thing is sure is the humbleness of Mr Sanjeev, I remember I always call Mitsu Support at least once in 2 months since I started, with queries about IN domains and the polices, not once has Mr Sanjeev Never asked me who I am, or whats my Mitsu Details, he has always answered me directly and always been patient while answering

This does show Mr Sanjeev Is dedicated to the IN Registry as a whole..Kudos to you.

Mitsu is delivering a great service and value to the .in community. Keep up the good work and I am sure many rewards will flow your way over the coming years! Thanks guys!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom