What happened to 1N .cn domain names?

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
1N .cn domain names are very valuable because there are only ten available. Because these domain names cost 7 or 8 figures CNY to purchase, buyers tend to be end user companies.

Being curious about what the buyers have done to the domain names, I checked the domain names from 0.cn to 9.cn, and here is the result.

0.cn
Parked

1.cn
An economic news site run by 福建省经济信息中心 (Fu Jian Sheng Jing Ji Xin Xi Zhong Xin), which is a government agency promoting economic development of the Fujian province.

2.cn
Parked

3.cn
Redirects to JD.com, the giant ecommerce site.

4.cn
A domain name marketplace named 金名网 (Jin Ming Wang = golden name net). Interestingly, the domain name and the service brand do not match.

5.cn
Offers a new type of media by combining magazines with books. 5 rhymes with 我 in this new media sub-brand called 我为你传媒 (Wo Wei Ni Chuan Mei = I am your media).

This sub-brand is part of the overall magazine brand called 微杂志 (Wei Za Zhi = micro magazine). 5.cn has been well thought out because it also rhymes with 微 in the magazine brand.

6.cn
A video and game site. 6 sounds the same as its equivalent Chinese character 六, which is the first character in the brand 六间房 (Liu Jian Fang = 6 rooms).

The domain name matches the brand name. 6.cn must be very popular because when I visited the site, it had 1.5m users online.

7.cn
Was sold for 15m CNY recently and the buyer is the founder of i4.cn which develops apps for iPhone. The naming of i4 is very creative because i4 rhymes with the first two characters 爱思(Ai Si = love to think) of its brand.

7 is an excellent number because it rhymes with many big money words, such as 钱 (money), 财 (wealth), 机 (opportunity), 券 (ticket), 车 (car), 趣 (fun), 吃 (eat), 情 (passion), 亲 (kiss), and 去 (go). The company has not announced any plan on its use and the domain name does not resolve.

8.cn
Parked

9.cn
Does not resolve.

Source

N.cn domain names are very valuable because there are only ten available right now? I don't understand that reason, is valuable because is scarce, there should me something more besides that . 7 or 8 figures CNY to purchase is a pretty hefty price, no wonders their users are people from end user companies.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit NamesCon 2020 live domain name auction happened today Registrars 0
domainking131 15 end user domain name sales that happened last week Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com 17 Domain Experts Dish on What Happened in 2013 & How New gTLDs Will Impact 2014 The Lounge 0
D What has happened to the .IN domain market? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 13
Digital Pandit What happened to the top 10 Sales of 2020 Resources 0
Digital Pandit Are you kidding me!! : PrivateJet.com's 2012 sale for $30 million might not have happened Legal Issues and Dispute 0
owl What happened to INforum SSL/HTTPS? The Lounge 2
Mikhaela What happened to BlueHost? Hosting 0
wot WHD/Namescon - What happened? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
C What happened to the forum? The Lounge 4
A WTS Domain with 1000+ edu Backlink For Sale 0
Digital Pandit DN Journal Report: Highest Reported Domain Sales - Mon. July 5, 2021 - Sun. July 18, 2021 Resources 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver on forwarding domain names to your LinkedIn profile Resources 0
Digital Pandit Kassey Lee: 4 number domains aren’t just for trading between domain investors Resources 0
Digital Pandit China Trademark 50 provides clues for domain investing Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Zak Muscovitch on domain name law and investing Resources 0
Digital Pandit When is the ⏰ to re-price a domain name Resources 0
Digital Pandit Some of the biggest companies need domain upgrades ; Here is the list Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit .DE and .CA latest domain name data Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit 2-pin domains and why does it matter for domain investing? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: How to get started in the domain investing ? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Past week's end user domain sales Resources 0
Digital Pandit June 2021 domain name trend report Non-Indian Domains 0
silentg ✅ AUCTION: ARBlog.com - Augmented Reality Domain External Auctions 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: What’s your expected hold time when you buy a domain? Resources 0
Digital Pandit DN Journal: Domain sales chart for two weeks ending July 4, 2021 Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Stephen Campbell on his journey from domain Investing to TinyAcquisitions.com development Resources 0
Digital Pandit Demistifying the 60-day domain name transfer locks Resources 0
Digital Pandit Domain Hacks sell for $50k+ New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Rick Schwartz is coming up with his own Domain Brokerage Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Aftermarket platforms release two months of domain sales data Resources 0
Digital Pandit Machani Infra Development Corporation tries reverse domain hijacking a common surname Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit What does the Bitcoin sub-$30k signal for the domain market ? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Andrew Allemann: Helpful Squadhelp feature for domain investors Resources 1
Digital Pandit B.et domain hack gets sold for $100k New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Krista Gable on controlling your brand with Domain Domme Resources 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Growing Voices.com with a killer domain Resources 0
Digital Pandit Tools to track down domain registrants who utilize Whois privacy proxy services Resources 0
Digital Pandit The global domain name market in 2020 Resources 0
Digital Pandit Make sure that the expiring domain you are buying is not subject to UDRP Resources 0
L [Ending soon in few hours] Current bid is $2 only | SecurityManuals.com | 21+ years aged domain External Auctions 0
Digital Pandit Domain stocks follow the markets in 2021 Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Is a domain worth what someone will pay for it ? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton on calculating how much money your domain portfolio will generate this year Resources 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver: How do various domain investors differ from each other? Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Domain Agents 2021 Domain Valuation Guide Resources 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Great domain investing insights by the Greats themselves Resources 0
Digital Pandit ShortDot is thinking of a domain blocking service for brands Registrars 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Amanda Waltz on how cryptocurrency drives the domain aftermarket Resources 0
Digital Pandit Rick Schwartz : This is the tipping point for outbound domain sales Resources 0