What are call-to-action domains?

IT.com

Ceres

Every now and then I'll come across an article that talks about "call-to-action domains." I've never been 100% sure what kind of domains these are! From what I understand, they are domains that urge you to take some kind of action (eg. LoseWeightNow.com and QuitSmokingNow). Is this the correct definition of a call-to-action domain? Can anyone provide more examples?

Do you think it's worth investing in such domains? If so, what elements are needed to make a strong call-to-action domain?

Last edited by a moderator:
When people type a search phrase (which we domainers call keywords) either they could be casually looking for information or they may be in action mode.

So, if a domain is of the call-to-action type, then, provided the site is developed properly i.e. delivering the action spelled out by the name, we will have the visitor following through with definite action instead of just bouncing away. Also, such a name has a high probability of reaching the first page of search engines very soon for its name keywords.

I have just (yesterday) setup a classifieds script over WordPress on such a call-to-action domain name:
BuyUsedVan.com
At the moment, it is not even in first 100 results of Google for the keywords "buy used van". The page currently in Google index is the Sedo parking page. With the new content (and some basic optimization), let's see how soon it reaches the first page. Will keep you all posted.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom