Website layout

IT.com

Dusart

Banned
How do you decide what layout to use for your website, and more specifically the home page? I want people to find information easily on my site but I'm not too sure how to set up the navigation to achieve that. Help?

I think a lot of it depends on what niche you're in. For instance, a restaurant or a photography site will need to be designed differently from a ELearning site. Basically, you want to make sure that you design is clean and not too cluttered so that people find the information that they need in a few seconds otherwise you will lose them.

Yes, Katline is correct!
It depends on the niche you're business is in!
According to experts, Fixed layout in boostrap is admirable

Keep a level of simplicity that is relevant to the message of the site. The last thing you want is homepage so busy that it slows things down.........information overload.

The method of setting up navigation for WordPress is very straight forward. You simply create pages and mess with various widgets. However, though, on forums, it might be a bit more complicated -as you might have to install various mods. Nonetheless, for someone with at least a mild tech background, it isn't much.

I think it depends on the niche. Some niche work good if there is a single layout. For example affiliate sites with single column layout works the best. Also the amount of content increased on website makes you wonder if you really need to have 2 column layout. I personally think single column layout is good for many type of websites.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom