WebMD can keep its IVI.com domain, panel rules

JulienJ

Infertility company fails in cybersquatting claim for IVI.com.

A World Intellectual Property Organization panel has ruled against Spanish infertility medical company Equipo IVI SL in a dispute over the domain name IVI.com. Equipo IVI argued that WebMD was cybersquatting by owning the domain name.

WebMD did not respond to the cybersquatting complaint. Despite this, the panelist determined that WebMD did not register the domain in bad faith. This was primarily because the complainant did not show that it had trademark rights in IVI at the time IVI.com was registered in 1992.

It’s not clear when WebMD acquired the IVI.com domain name. The company was not founded until 1996 and DomainTools’ oldest historical record for the domain is from 2001. This record shows WebMD as the owner.

Source

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver: Promise I Can’t Keep When Buying a Domain Name Resources 0
Digital Pandit DAN now provides an option to keep your sales private Registrars 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy signs up 30 partners to help small business keep afloat Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Amazon prevails in the fight to keep dotAmazon New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Ethos Capital wants to keep Public Interest Registry for a while Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver: A Reason to Keep Deals Private Resources 0
Digital Pandit .eu domain owners in the UK may keep their domains post BREXIT Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Two More Six-Figure Sales Help Keep the Early 2019 Domain Sales Season on Track The Lounge 0
Digital Pandit My take: Factors I keep in mind while buying Geo Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Why Did Michael Berkens Keep Adult Domains & New gTLDs? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 How to keep a domain registration private Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Keep yourself updated with what .COMs and .NETs are getting registered Resources 2
R FIFA football youth world cup domain....should I keep or sell Domain Appraisals 5
DNJournal.com 6-Figure Sale at Sedo and Clamor for Country Codes Keep Cash Registers Ringing Non-Indian Domains 0
D What to put at .in domains to keep them safe?? Legal Issues and Dispute 6
D WTS: How to park domains and keep 100% revenue. Park unlimited domains. This is crazy For Sale / Advertising 0
wot Keep it clean -only $2250 for all 4! For Sale 0
C Some registrar keep the domains after Expiration Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 1
T Which of these would you DROP and which would you KEEP??? Domain Appraisals 9
T Full Portfolio - WHICH ONES SHOULD I KEEP?? Domain Appraisals 6
Ceres How do you keep track of your domains? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
S An easy tip to keep derpression at bay. The Lounge 1
domainking131 IVI.com subject of UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0