We have crossed 2 million mark

IT.com
That's amazing! The Registry should launch a celebration of this!

Looks like they hit 1 million in October 2011, so it took about 6 3/4 years for the first million registrations, and about 4 1/2 years for the second million registrations. Things are speeding up nicely.

.in soon will be a top 10 cctld

111019-com-growth.png
Just for reference for those who want to compare. Although .in cannot mimic .com growth, it is encouraging that growth is accelerating and we still haven't hit true network effect in my opinion. Faster internet speeds are just being rolled (4g) and number of users is growing (some projections are 50 million new users/year)

When .com hit that early growth spurt between 1995 to 2000, it was in countries with high internet speeds, higher internet penetration. In India we have these 2 factors still to work in our favour and not to mention the 7% GDP growth rate (currently highest among large economies)

Last edited:
I'd be happy with 3 million for now - I think that's enough to make India a top 10 player in the cctld world.

We will hit 3 million in a couple of years - that would be accelerated growth.
3 million by 2018
5-7 million by 2020
15-20 million by 2026
I know its optimistic, but we can hope. If everything falls in place.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom