Was Collect.com sale a part of the $350k Bankruptcy Deal?

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
This morning, I saw Collect.com in my DomainTools Domain Monitor email, and it appears to have changed hands. The new registrant of the Collect.com domain name is a company called Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. On the Collect.com home page, there are several publication logos featured.

I wanted to see if I could learn more about the sale / acquisition of Collect.com, and based on some cursory research, I believe the domain name sold as part of a bankruptcy sale. Here’s more information about the sale from an article published on MediPost in June of this year:

Full article link

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan ICANN's decision to cancel Hamburg was not approved by everybody on the Board Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Meal.com was acquired for $1M in 2019 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan UDRP was filed against the CheapStuff.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Diapers.com was originally prices at $600K Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Uniregistry was bought for less than $200 M Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN’s transparency was under fire last year Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan RDNH decoded while there was no response from the registrant Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Namecheap was the most exploited registrar in Botnets Registrars 0
DNJournal.com A ccTLD & a .Com That Was Quickly Flipped for a 500% Profit Top This Week's Sales Chart The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN demystifies how .org pricing decision was made Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign takes down the domain VerisignNNS.com, which it says was about to be used in a cyber attack Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan White dot com was just sold for a hefty amount Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: The concept of buying expired domains was covered in DarkReading Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A good read: Mention How Domain Was Acquired in Offer Email Resources 0
Prashant Sharan CloudInsure .com : Domain was registered before the #trademark; UDRP included a chronology of even Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan The Angel Comments: Jason Calacanis says the biggest mistake Google made with Google Plus was not ge Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com A .Com Mastermind Topped This Week's Chart But a Bad Country Code Domain Was Just a Step Behind The Lounge 0
CyberKing I thought I was having a bad day until..... The Lounge 1
JulienJ If You Didn’t Already Know, Facebook.com Was Sold for Just $200,000 in 2005 Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Goto.com was acquired for $2.5 million Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ This is not what UDRP was created for Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ The domain name Purple.com was sold for $900,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ A new organization protecting the rights of domain name registrants was founded Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ DomainNames.com was purchased for $2,577 and now it’s been taken back Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Bitcoin Christmas Special: 2017 Was Wild Ride, Eventful 2018 Seems Likely Cryptocurrencies 0
JulienJ Today(Dec 12) was a big day for both Ethereum and Litecoin – here’s why Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 SocialApp.com sold for $25,000 – Was the price too high? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Bigfoot says it was swindled in celebrity website purchase Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Believe it or not, there was an opportunity to make up to 100% profit after the mega crash in 2016! Non-Indian Domains 1
JackD What was your .reg of the day? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 93
domainking131 Seven 3L.com Domains Total Auction Price Was Over ¥2m CNY Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 HG.com Was Just Acquired By A O2O Company Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 19.cn Was Sold For A Six-Figure USD Price Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 Huiyi.com Was Sold For Seven Figure CNY Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 195.com Was Sold For $457K USD! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 959.com Was Sold For Over $500K USD Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 XR.com was Sold for Big Seven Figure CNY Fee Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest ChitFunds.com Sells@$4K, GreenStone.GROUP $6K, AnimalsUnited.com $39K (was bought@$12 by Mike Mann) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
DomainSherpa Help! My Domain Name Was Stolen (And 3 Ways to Recover It) - With David Weslow The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa Domain Name Liquidity: What is It, Where Was It, Where Will It Be? The Lounge 0
domainking131 Jinsha.com ending bid was $700,010 on Dropcatch.com Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 2.tv Was Sold For $100,000 – How Much Is 2tv.com Worth? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 From China To Berkens To Dicker 2015 was one hell of a year Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 StinkySocks.com UDRP was a stinker Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Schlonged.com was just registered and is available for sale at $200k Non-Indian Domains 0
C Why Gmail Launch was sensational? The Lounge 2
domainking131 The Word for the week was liquidity Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest "MadeBy.com was sold in 2010 for 3,500 USD and resold this week for 20,000 USD", ROI=471%, SEDO Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 DomainX 2015 was a hit! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
domainking131 Ringtones.com which was bought for $750k in 2010 sold for $105k Non-Indian Domains 0