Virtualmin GPL

IT.com

oldwriter

Hello friends, if you need a good control panel for your VPS, my recommendation is Virtualmin GPL:

https://www.virtualmin.com/download.html

It is complete enough to handle your sites and your server comfortably

Virtualmin GPL has handy features such as easy backup and restore (full and incremental). In its initial setup you can choose between MySQL or Postgres (or both).

Adding new domains is a breeze. Adding scripts like phpMyAdmin and others is simple and a matter of a few clicks.

Recommended.

Thanks - I hadn't heard about it. Looking through their site it looks quite good.

How would you compare it with cpanel? Is the GPL version good enough for most people, or would you recommend using the professional?

Is the GPL version good enough for most people[...]?

Absolutely.

To be honest I have never bought the professional version because Virtualmin GPL has everything I need: managing domains and databases, installing scripts such as phpMyAdmin and phpPgAdmin, easy backup & restore (including scheduled full and incremental jobs) and a plethora of goodies for server administration with Webmin (available in the top-left tab).

If you host 3rd-party sites (i.e. for clients), you can provide them with their own login too.

There is a nice comparison chart for GPL and PRO versions versus cPanel and Plesk at:

https://www.virtualmin.com/compare.html

Thanks oldwriter - I'll give it a try.

My pleasure. it fits me because I don't mind getting my hands dirty doing CMS scripts installs myself by hand. Others may prefer the 1-click setups for WordPress et. al provided by their control panel, but I certainly prefer to have more control.

Gladly, installing CMS/Forums and other scripts via their native installation process is quite straightforward these days :)

I have never heard of this control panel before now. I am looking at the site currently and reading up on the features it has to offer. Seems to be pretty good so far - could be a good cPanel alternative. The only free control panel I have had experience with before is Kloxo which wasn't bad but it isn't up to the standards of cPanel. I'll try this virtualmin out on a test server of mine later and see how it goes. Thanks OP for sharing this.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom