Very few reported .in sales recently - what could the reason be?

IT.com

the_poet

Country flag
Having taken a look at recent ccTLD sales, I noticed there are very few reported .in sales (in fact there are only 3: webhosting.org.in - check.in - style.in). What could it be due to in your opinion? Is the .in market getting weaker than other ccTLD markets?

Just take a look here (Current sedo auctions)

Seems some people are buying up .in domains....

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you mean there have been .in sales recently and they just haven't been reported?

I sold a couple last month which I could not report because the buyer did not want the names to be revealed. Got a few inquiries as well, which did not lead anywhere. Based on the recent auctions going on SEDO, ".IN" is just warming up. I'm intrinsically cautious, these auctions maybe a flash in the pan, but if they continue consistency for a few months, I think that would be the correct critical mass needed to sustain continued interest in ".IN" domains.

Having taken a look at recent ccTLD sales, I noticed there are very few reported .in sales (in fact there are only 3: webhosting.org.in - check.in - style.in). What could it be due to in your opinion? Is the .in market getting weaker than other ccTLD markets?

I wouldn't read too much into the quasi scarcity of .in sales recently. There are definitely sales going on under the radar,but sales have been occuring since 2007/2008, so i have no doubt they will neither cease nor stop. Remember Prote.in and Indiajobs.co.in were also sold recently.Demand can't go down from here,so all we can do is be patient and we will continue to witness nice sales in the .in space.

Thank you, guys! I'd like to hear Jeff's opinion too.

Current Sedo Auctions listed here pose a very optimistic picture about .IN.
But I see that all of them are having only a single bid against them. What may be the reason?
May be that the owner of these domains has engaged somebody to bid, and actually these sales are not closed.
I may be wrong in my interpretations. What do you people think?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom