VeniceItaly.co.in

IT.com

gentlesavage

So, a few weeks ago, I registered VeniceItaly.co.inhttp://veniceitaly.co.in to put up a minisite and see how it performs in the local search engine and with adsense. Well, I slapped a site up but never finished it. In fact, did nothing to it. I check it today and I'm number #2 for the phrase "Venice Italy" in Google.co.in when you mark websites from India. And that's with absolutly nothing on it. I promptly put some adsense up to see where it goes. Who knows.

There are so few Indian websites comparatively speaking that ranking in Google.co.in is child's play compared to ranking in Google.com.

So, a few weeks ago, I registered VeniceItaly.co.in to put up a minisite and see how it performs in the local search engine and with adsense. Well, I slapped a site up but never finished it. In fact, did nothing to it. I check it today and I'm number #2 for the phrase "Venice Italy" in Google.co.in when you mark websites from India. And that's with absolutly nothing on it. I promptly put some adsense up to see where it goes. Who knows.

That's pretty normal. Google does give new sites, a few days of high ranking.

I suppose that "high ranking" is relatively speaking. I have/had a few sites in .com, .us, .me and none have ranked high for the particular keyword within a few days or weeks.

I suppose that "high ranking" is relatively speaking. I have/had a few sites in .com, .us, .me and none have ranked high for the particular keyword within a few days or weeks.

I have close to 50 minisites, all .ins and pretty much each one of them at some point ranked on the first page on google.co.in

As Jeff, mentioned that since there is less competition, getting your site listed as #2 on Google.co.in is easy. Give it few days, if it stays that way, good for you. I'm not trying to run you down or your site down. Just explaining my experience.

I don't think you are trying to run down me or my site. I agreed with Jeff. My reply to you was about Google proper and not Google.co.in.

Another thing I have noted is that if you a Indian Geo .in or .co.in that is developed, the site will rank on first page even on Goolgle.com, just for a few days though :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom