Valuations are giving good boost to GoDaddy auction

JulienJ

Several months ago, GoDaddy Auctions added an “Estimated Value” column to its auction pages. Based on my own observations, I think this addition has considerably boosted auction revenue for the company.

I have two saved searches I use just about every morning at GoDaddy Auctions. One of the searches has nothing to do with the number of bids placed. I used the advanced search functionality to create a specialized search based on a variety of parameters I set. I would guesstimate there are between 150 – 300 domain names that come up each day in this particular search. Typically, only a handful of domain names would have bids, but it appears to me that there are many more auctions with bids these days and I attribute it to the Estimated Value column.

I find myself using the Estimated Value column when I am searching for names to bid on at auction. It is a quick way to highlight the better domain names in a search result. I don’t really rely on the tool to tell me what a domain name is actually worth or how much I could get by selling it, but it seems to be a pretty good way to search based on what GoDaddy says is more valuable.

When doing a sort based on the Estimated Value (from high to low), it is pretty obvious that the higher valued names tend to have more bids. This could be because those are obviously better names, but I would guess it is also because people are using this column in the same way I use it.

Source

LLL.in King

Country flag
Interesting.

its getting obvious that the domain industry is going to need some sort of standardized value estimator. There is a good chance Godaddy might be the first to succeed at making this happen. I think a reliable standardized domain value estimator is good for our industry. people loved to complain about estibot and highlight the outlier prices it suggested, but it had a good impact on the industry in general.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D .co.in and .in Geodomains and valuations?? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Prashant Sharan Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organization are unhappy that ICANN is giving .amazon to USA's Amazon Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Learning bites: Giving developer access to just one domain at GoDaddy Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan In their quest for an easier way to share crypto addresses, Unstoppable is giving away $250K Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Nice read: Business Insider giving bad advice about domain flipping Resources 0
DNJournal.com Sale of 989.com Closes at Over $800,000 Giving Rick Schwartz 3 of Year's Top 5 Sales The Lounge 0
domainking131 .Love Launches & Is Giving Away 2015 Free .Love Domains New GTLDs 0
D Resellerclub Domain suspended without giving a specific reason General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
R Giving Domain Name on First Come First Serve Basis For Sale 6
nomar86 iPad Contest (64 GB, Wifi + 3G) Blue Backlinks is giving away! For Sale / Advertising 0
Ceres Giving Indian Domain Names as Gifts General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
Ceres India: Joy of Giving Week The Lounge 1
T Boost Your Domain Authority with These 12 Realistic Techniques Business and Economy 0
Prashant Sharan CentralNic buys Hexonet for $11.3 M to boost reseller biz Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy gives it's branding to Afternic to boost inquiries and sales Resources 0
domainking131 Saudi Arabia Arrests Billionaire Prince - Could Uncertainty Boost Bitcoin? Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Saudi Arabia arrests Billionaire Prince - Could Uncertainty Boost Bitcoin? Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 .London domain name to get a big marketing boost New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Indian government to give boost to .IN domain names General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
domainking131 Google coughs over “New-TLDs-as-SEO-boost” claims New GTLDs 2
domainking131 MSMEs can reap upto 2 trillion business from Budget boost says a report The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa How a Premium Domain Name Can Boost an Already Successful Startup - With Jamie Siminoff The Lounge 0
CyberKing China.com, among world's most costly domain names relaunched to boost Beijing's voice Non-Indian Domains 0
A India & Brazil to boost trade fourfold! The Lounge 1