Urgent: Enom's account blocked and domain blocked

IT.com

GetItNow

Banned
Hello,

I have received this email from Enom.com (Not sure it's fake or not). Check below. As current my account got blocked with $76 balance and two domains ACB.in and FIL.in . Maybe I got hacked it ? I just emailed to Enom.com to verify about this issue and if they are really came from Enom, I will send in my verify information to prove to them.

Any suggestions ?

from Account Help <Account.Help@enom.com>
The account listed above contains domain names that have been reported as fraudulently removed from another account. The account and domains have been locked. The following documentation will need to be provided regarding this account and the domains within it:

• Government issued photo ID (Scan or Digital Photo of a Passport, etc.)
  • Scan or digital photo of the Front and Back of the credit card used on the account (First four numbers and last five numbers need to be visible, black out the others.)
  • First Page of the corresponding Credit Card Statement. Transactions can be blacked out.
  • Documentation that validates you as the owner of the domains, such as receipt of sale, correspondence, articles of incorporation or a business license.
  • Explanation of how did you obtain these domains.

GetItNow, be very careful about sending documentation unless you're certain it's not a scam.

Have you also tried calling eNom? Contact eNom - I'm not sure how easy it will be for you to get hold of someone on the phone though.

Have you checked the IP address in the email header? What's the location of the IP address?

Did you check the Whois for these two domains - have they changed in any way?

I really sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Sounds like a nightmare!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ceres,

That's why I emailed back to Enom and I will also call them tomorrow (if I'm not busy w/ the work) But as right now I can't login into my account at all so let see about it. The whois is still there under my name ... but umm it's suck with this issue. Thanks for your suggestions .. but yah .. hope you guy keep an eye out for ACB.in and Fil.in ..

Hi,
unfortunately I've just received the same email because of 6 LLL.in I bought a couple of weeks ago.
The NamePros user 1rrr1 has been hacked (his forum account too) and his domain sold.
I know for sure that another user is in our situation.
Let's see what happens.

Where did you buy those domains? It sounds like you may have purchased stolen domains :(

Sorry to hear donnied79! It's not clear to me, were the 6 LLLs you purchased stolen domains?

I purchased them on NamePros from the user 1rrr1
He was an user since 2006 with 113 positive feedback so I went into the transaction with no fear.
Unfortunately (from what seems) he had both the forum account and the Enom account hacked.
I'm trying to have my money back from Paypal because if he had the domain stolen he will have them back.

Fil.in is the domain I bought from him 1rrr1 .

So did you get your account back from Enom?

I'm still waiting.
I'd like to understand if the account is blocked only for precaution or if the domains i acquired were stolen because in the second case i have to try to cahrgeback paypal.

I'm still waiting.
I'd like to understand if the account is blocked only for precaution or if the domains i acquired were stolen because in the second case i have to try to cahrgeback paypal.

If the domains were stolen, it's likely the scammer either used a stolen Paypal account or they have since emptied their Paypal account. Therefore, there's a chance that your chargeback might be unsuccessful. :(

If the domains were stolen, it's likely the scammer either used a stolen Paypal account or they have since emptied their Paypal account. Therefore, there's a chance that your chargeback might be unsuccessful. :(

I think they have used his Paypal account. I still hope they have just blocked my Enom account for precaution because he pushed the domains july 25 and discovered everything August 8. It's a lot of time.

with me, I think they just blocked that domain rather than entire account, because sometime you need to use it. That's suck my account still pending block ...

I'm still waiting.

Sounds like somewhere in the chain the domains were stolen, then they were reported stolen to enom and you are now caught in the middle of this loop. Best step is to be very patient with enom and see if you can contact the person, who originally owned the domain names. I've heard a great deal lately about domain theft, it is important for people to take the proper security measures to make sure that the don't end up in this situation. Unfortunately you are on the short end of the stick here, as you had nothing to do with the domain being stolen. Hopefully you either receive a refund for those transactions or they give you the domains back.

I've just received the email from Enom.
The account is unlocked but the domains still freezed.
We'll see what happens.
Thanks for your interest and support :)

Sounds like somewhere in the chain the domains were stolen, then they were reported stolen to enom and you are now caught in the middle of this loop. Best step is to be very patient with enom and see if you can contact the person, who originally owned the domain names. I've heard a great deal lately about domain theft, it is important for people to take the proper security measures to make sure that the don't end up in this situation. Unfortunately you are on the short end of the stick here, as you had nothing to do with the domain being stolen. Hopefully you either receive a refund for those transactions or they give you the domains back.

I have couple of my domains that are frozen. In this case, it was more like the enom account was hacked and all the transactions involving domain transfers were frozen.

I received an email from enom saying that they are still investigating, but the domains remain frozen.

Sorry to hear, Ace. :(

I'm wondering if all three cases mentioned in this thread relate to the same hacked Enom account?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom