ULX.in - Stolen Domain

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I have been informed that ULX.in has been stolen.

The domain was sold, payment was made by paypal, and the purchaser then did a paypal chargeback.

Be careful not to buy this domain!

If you see it for sale anywhere, let me know.

The domain was paid for by paypal.

After the domain was transferred, the buyer contacted paypal, said the payment for the domain was unauthorized, and paypal returned the funds to the buyer.

Probably not. It's really hard to fight a chargeback on paypal.

Only accept payment via paypal for a domain from trusted people.

The best practice that you should follow after receiving payments on Paypal is transfer it to your bank account, so that Paypal ha nothing to charge back. I have seen such cases for non domain issues too.

Yes, when you enter into your agreement with paypal, you agree that they can take funds from any payment method you have on file.

But can't as in this case, the seller complain to Paypal that it was a valid transaction and get his funds back? There should be some legal way out of this.

Paypal will only protect the seller of "tangible" goods. If it's something you can ship, you have protection. Otherwise, paypal won't help you :-(. Unfortunately, paypal is pretty risky unless you trust the buyer.

It is BS. It would be nice if there were a domainer alternative. Unlike most "intangibles", domains are actually pretty easy to trace.

It is a risky business indeed. I only go through reputable webmaster sites to buy or sell. If the person does not have a review, I try to steer clear of them until they become established as a trusted person.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom