Typosquatter Loses Typo Domains

IT.com

Ceres

The India-based respondent in this National Arbitration Forum case lost the typo domains BllueNile.com, BlueNiile.com and BlueNille.com.

The complainant, Blue Nile Inc., owns a US trademark for BLUE NILE. The mark is used in association with the online sale of diamonds, jewelery and watches.

The respondent did not respond to the complaint. The disputed domains had links to ads related to the sale of online diamonds and jewelry products.

Additionally, the Panel has determined that Respondent has engaged in typosquatting.
A predicable outcome!

I see this particular respondent owns more typo domains involving well-known trademarks. Well, I expect we'll see this respondent named in a few more arbitration cases in the future...

Still annoying to spend min 1500 USD on legal fees at WIPO when the case was clearly won. I am voting for lower prices and cybersquatters to cover the costs in the obvious cases

Another similar case...another similar decision...

The complainant was also awarded the typo domain BlurNile.com. Again, the website displayed links relating to the online diamond and jewellery industry….

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom