Typo Domains

IT.com

Ceres

I recently came across a new Indian website InvesToday.in (btw, it seems like a great website and worth reading). What I found interesting is that they're using a typo domain (there's a "t" missing). Although InvestToday.in is already registered, at the time of writing this post InvestToday.co.in is still available.

Even if it's a common typo, I would have still chosen the .co.in as I don't like typo domains (or I would have looked for an alternative name).

What would you have chosen and why?

Bizzare that anyone would choose a typo - perhaps the goal was to brand it.

Weird - perhaps they think the word is actually Inves or Oday- perhaps the owner is the Indian Irishman Mr O'day and he is suggesting you invest with him. :p

Assuming that investtoday.co.in was taken, they are taking a bet that their audience will remember their site because the domain is unique (intellectual play of words). If I am not wrong, the blogger (Sriram Vadlamani) is a regular blogger at trak.in and so his links for trak.in might drive traffic to his typo site.

InvesToday.in now redirects to FinancialAffairs.in. I like this one better than the typo domain. What about you?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom