Typo domains are very valuable!!

IT.com
Thnaks for the link.

I own few indian typo domains that get some traffic and earnings, generally they are typo of acronyms like LLLL.in LLL.co.in and so on. For example:

domains => abcde.in
typo => abcd.in

I don't know. Google will correct a typo written search query anyway, therefore it is going to direct the user to his/her desired results. With even more refined autocorrection, the value of typo domains is questionable. Myself got into once or twice to some parking site flooded with ads due to typing wrong a http URL address. But that's it.

I don't know. Google will correct a typo written search query anyway, therefore it is going to direct the user to his/her desired results.

True, but I guess OP is talking about type-in traffic, because then it wouldn't matter and it would be a working method.

But won't this come close to cyber squatting? I mean, if you'd have a registered name, the owner of the name could get your domain to them with some legal paperwork, no? Probably would work for few fast bucks, but I don't really see this as a long term business plan.

Surely it's not a long term business plan, I agree with you on that, most likely just a way to make some money.

No, this doesn't sound like a good business plan. True, even myself, I have misspelled domain names and got directed elsewhere. However, that doesn't make me want to have anything to do with the typo site. So what's the whole point?

I've heard about these kind of sites before, but I have to go with the general consensus here, and say that I don't think that those type of sites would make money in the long term because of the redirects from google.

I can't see this working as a long term business plan. There seem to be a lot of mispelled domains which are parked with sedo or something similar. I've hit a few when I mistype. What I haven't done is to click on any ads on them, I just retype the address and go back to the page I wanted anyway. If most traffic does the same thing, you won't make much.

True. And why go that route anyway, when you could use all that time and effort to create a legitimate site for yourself and monetize it in a way that Google won't be slapping you at every turn?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom