True Value of Website

IT.com

Dusart

Banned
How can I find out how much a fully developed website is worth before selling it? What criteria is used to decide what kind of value a site has?

Isn't much easier getting an expert to do that for you? Having said this, there are various methods out there. I have heard of the use of the traffic value and revenue multiple.

The ranking and the amount of traffic it gets are two ways of valuating the worth. Once you get those numbers, then you can find comparable sites in your niche that have recently sold.

The ranking and the amount of traffic it gets are two ways of valuating the worth. Once you get those numbers, then you can find comparable sites in your niche that have recently sold.
Aren't this one and the same thing? My thinking has always been that a website attracting a lot of traffic will rank better and vice versa. Nonetheless, it makes sense to directly link a lot of traffic to a site that ranks high.

The standard one is revenue by visitors, but if you look at Flippa, one of the main criteria ia how much income the site makes, which is often taken as more important than the site's traffic. There is also a consideration of how long the domain name has been established for, which can affect its ranking and search authority.

The standard one is revenue by visitors, but if you look at Flippa, one of the main criteria ia how much income the site makes, which is often taken as more important than the site's traffic. There is also a consideration of how long the domain name has been established for, which can affect its ranking and search authority.
I think that if you are looking to sell, what's important is the revenue generated and not just the amount of traffic. On the other hand, I still think that ranking and/or amount of traffic can be a good indicator of how much potential a particular website has.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom