Transliteration tool added to Gmail

IT.com

Ceres

Google has now added their transliteration tool to Gmail. I tested it out this morning, and it's a neat tool for those who wish to write emails in their native language.

By default, Indian users will be able to see the tool in their gmail account. Other users will need to click on Settings, Enable Transliteration, then select the language of choice. Current languages include Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.

To find out more about how transliteration in Gmail works, see:

Transliteration in Gmail

yes,a very neat addition to googlemail.i think this way google will drive home the internet to the latent indian market of exclusive hindi speakers(quite a lot!).i think they will device a way to write in hindi using a normal querty keyboard.something like Quillpad - Typing in Hindi has never been easier. but without knowing english at all.that way a large market will be tapped.It should not be too difficult to type easy hindi into search box and urls.It is easier then changing the hardware!For typing in hindi using quillpad like software,it is essential to know english!.to type only in hindi,one requires newer keyboards/hardware/plus some existing software.ie6 supports these functions.i think newer keyboards comes/will come with hindi alphabets too!.
i think google is eying that huge niche.! and is reaching there ..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom