Translate.co.in on Bido Tuesday May 12th

IT.com

dillpupp

Translate.co.in

Hi guys, it was just posted on the site today, Translate.co.in will be the second .co.in domain on Bido, Tuesday May 12.

"According to Census of India of 2001, 29 languages are spoken by more than a million native speakers, 122 by more than 10,000."
Languages of India

Plenty of need to translate things in India, hoping it does well! ::)

Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to see that Bido is having another Indian domain auction so soon.

Sorry that it's a .co.in, but it's a solid domain.

$425

But hopefully higher (-:. Bad timing in my opinion!

Just $425? That would make it just $133 better than Success, I think Translate is 20x nicer. If a brandable like "success" can hit $292 than I bet something as clean and targeted as Translate.co.in could touch low $XXXX easily.
Bido is a crazy place, who knows what'll go down. I mean look at Pizzeria.us for $648? Basically no one uses the word 'pizzeria' anymore, no one can spell it right, .US gets no type in, local pizza places typically don't have websites anyway, and the ones that do would use their brandnamePIZZA in .COM...so who is that domain even for?

So judging by what recent worse (much worse IMO...a .CC?) names have gone for on Bido, I think, I hope, Translate.co.in can top 'em hands down.

Why do you think timing is bad?

The market is flat for even the best names in .com (AD.com notwithstanding).

Translate.co.in is much better than success.co.in but does not guarantee a xxxx sale.

Would I put a premium .co.in/.in on what I consider to be not much more than an average showcase with a limited number of motivated bidders. Nope- not at this time and certainly not with a very low reserve.

But of course it is simply my opinion- and Wot do I know!

The selling price of Translate.co.in - I will tell you in a day or two- and I hope my guesstimate was way out. (-:

Translate.co.in is Excellent name.

Can be used to provide Translation work for International client for various Indian Languages like Hindi,Tamil etc

Ahh, the first "expert" has weighed in over at Bido. Shouldn't the simple fact they own a .FM domain automatically exclude them from achieving "expert" status?

From Bido "expert" Victor Paez:
<<Generic word....great...but the extension, not so great! I like many ccTLD's like DOT FM, CC, DE, CO.UK, and even EU, but DOT CO.IN is not on this list. I think there are too many ccTLD that will not go up in value and CO.IN is one of those....but that is my opinion. So, keep your head up high and hope for the best.

This domain may fetch high $xx-low $xxx. If you had any other ccTLD like .FM, DE, CO.UK and some ohters, I would say it can fetch for high $xxx. >>

Since Translate.FM is available, maybe I should reg it and sell it to Victor?

Ahh, the first "expert" has weighed in over at Bido. Shouldn't the simple fact they own a .FM domain automatically exclude them from achieving "expert" status?

From Bido "expert" Victor Paez:
<<Generic word....great...but the extension, not so great! I like many ccTLD's like DOT FM, CC, DE, CO.UK, and even EU, but DOT CO.IN is not on this list. I think there are too many ccTLD that will not go up in value and CO.IN is one of those....but that is my opinion. So, keep your head up high and hope for the best.

This domain may fetch high $xx-low $xxx. If you had any other ccTLD like .FM, DE, CO.UK and some ohters, I would say it can fetch for high $xxx. >>

Since Translate.FM is available, maybe I should reg it and sell it to Victor?

Have to agree with Victor- I see no value in that strange co.in extension from that country with only just over a billion people, a centre of IT advancement and a growth forecast of somewhat more than the USA and the majority of the western hemisphere.

Stay well away from any extensions from that sub continent- absolutely no chance of making money with them. (-: The "expert" says so!

Have to agree with Victor- I see no value in that strange co.in extension from that country with only just over a billion people, a centre of IT advancement and a growth forecast of somewhat more than the USA and the majority of the western hemisphere.

Stay well away from any extensions from that sub continent- absolutely no chance of making money with them. (-: The "expert" says so!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell them our secrets....

Hey all. I was the seller of Success.co.in and I thought it went fairly well. I would prefer success over translate but that's only my opinion and seriously, English is the #1 language for International business all over the world.

I do agree on the .co.in domains. .in is much better IMHO. I'm guessing this domain name won't bring as much as success due to the decline in quality domains being auctioned at bido. It's all over the board. OK, so my estimate on translate.co.in is $190-240... Any side bets? :)

Global monthly search volume of "dinner knives" = 390 searches per month.

I wouldn't pay over reg fee for this domain.

It will probably go for low $xxx, but that's just because of the hype of Bido. The buyer will have a hard time reselling, and I can't see an enduser coming along for this one.

Can you anybody tell me how to join the chat on Bido and watch real time bids being posted there? Can't seem to find the help on their site.

you can join sedo free!
email confirmation required only.
Once logged in you can see the live action(pun intended)....To place bids you must be verified.i.e. have a cc approved for bidding. thats all.

btw. if you plan to bid on translate.co.in you might be interested in
translations.co.in (pm me if ;))

Hi Kaustav,

Thanks for the info, but my query was with respect to Bido. Any suggestions on how to follow the action there?

Let me know if you have Translation. Feel free to shoot me a PM on other domains up for sale. Mine are at namestrade.net if you are interested...that's just less than 1/2 my portfolio right now...will be uploading more into that site soon.

Cheers.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom