Transferring domain

IT.com

Geordy

What is the process of transferring a domain name to another site like? I have a domain that I acquired from a company that is different from my current hosting service, and I would like to move it there. Please assist.

As I understand it you are wanting to transfer registrars? If so, Unlock the domain at it's current registrar and retrieve the Authozization code (EPP code at some registrars). Log into your account at the registrar where you want to transfer to. Start and pay for a Domain Transfer transaction (look at the DOMAIN menu for this). Once that is done, registrar will send you an email with further instructions. Some registrars like GoDaddy will email you Transfer code and security code and ask that you input it along with the authorization code previously retrieved from losing registrar. Then both registrars send out emails with links for you to authorize transfer. Some losing registrars will allow you to do a quick transfer, some will not. So transfer could take as long as 7 days.

IMPORTANT: Make sure Administrative Contacts are correct with the losing registrar before starting a transfer. If the email address is wrong and you do not get the first email, nothing happens.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom