Trading Likes

IT.com

Kimla

Has anyone seen the sites where you trade Facebook likes? Do you think that it really is an effective tool to use? I hear that the more likes your business has on Facebook, the more business you get. So do you think that trading likes is a good marketing tool?

I have done some of that. You (individual) like my business page and I (individual) like your business page. I was told that the more likes you have the better your page will do in search engines.

I have done some of that. You (individual) like my business page and I (individual) like your business page. I was told that the more likes you have the better your page will do in search engines.
JackD, I have also heard that and it is the reason why I tried likes for likes. However, I'm not sure if the statement is actual true or not.

Do facebook likes affect search engines? I didn't think so. I thought the bonus of receiving likes was that the business could usually post on the users facebook page and would be placed in their feed. More like free advertising than anything else. Or am I wrong?

It's my understanding that the more likes your page receives, the more FB walls (feeds) your posts show up on. Google indexes FB feeds so the more your page shows the higher your page will index. It is not a replacement for SEO and not as quick way to get in search results, but it will help in the long run. Anything that gets your business name indexed is a good thing.

Does it work with Twitter and other social media sites as well. I'm another one who thought "likes" didn't matter, but what JackD. said makes sense and a search on google was no help because no one can agree. I can see why google would pay attention to facebook feeds, but I wonder if it applies to Tumblr and all the others. You can buy likes on Fivver for super cheap.

I don't know about Tumblr, don't use that one but I know Google indexes LinkedIn and Twitter. One reason why when I post to twitter, I always try to use the same hashtag(s) in the post. Google indexes hashtags and will show twitter posts in search results if the hashtags match the search query. It is not an overnight thing and there is no magic forumla but likes on FB and hashtags on Twitter will help with increased exposure for search engines imho

Thanks for sharing the extra information, JackD. I'm gonna be more social media savvy in the future. I've been operating all this time thinking that twitter and facebook was really just about customer service. Thanks Kimla for bringing it up in general and Foroux for questioning the whole thing.

Oh wow! All this time I've been having a giggle when older bloggers would post pictures and messages on facebook and include hashtags. I figured they were either just trying to be trendy or didn't understand that #facebook wasn't the same as #twitter. Needless to say I'm embarrassed, so let's keep this just between us. :oops:

Oh wow! All this time I've been having a giggle when older bloggers would post pictures and messages on facebook and include hashtags. I figured they were either just trying to be trendy or didn't understand that #facebook wasn't the same as #twitter. Needless to say I'm embarrassed, so let's keep this just between us. :oops:

If you have your FB and Twitter accounts "connected". Posting to FB will automatically post to Twitter at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone is how my Dad use to say it! Then trending hashtags will be searchable on both platforms by Google.

I think the concept we are discussing here is all about SMO (Social Media Optimization). Everyone knows about SEO but may not aware of SMO.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom