Top #1 Indian domain name?

IT.com

Tiger

I am not from India, but visit regularly, longest for six months back in 1978. Some things do not change.

The domain I hope to sell is perhaps best in the great history of India:
ॐ.com
xn--q3b.com

Sorry it is not cheap: US$60,000.
It is best in India (original home), but Chinese investors now eagerly buy top domains.
... extra pocket money? please liberate this domain. ॐ
ॐ.com
xn--q3b.com

My wife believes India.com is the better name ...
(I don't own it)

but I prefer the history & elegance (single-character) of
ॐ.com

My wife believes India.com is the better name ...
(I don't own it)

but I prefer the history & elegance (single-character) of
ॐ.com

She is right to the nth degree.

Barely any market for IDN but good luck.

Wot, Many thanks for your encouragement!

IDN are not common yet. Will they be? I think Yes!

Relatively slow adoption, but technological barriers have now mostly dissolved.... it's ultimately most familiar that people use their own character set. People are easily & regularly texting in local languages... When things turn, it will be quickly... and everyone will say "Of course that was natural!"

Only in the IDN can we get neat, compact, single domain names (only three ASCII English .com operate: x.com, q.com and z.com -- no chance to get them, even for US$10,000,000.)

So domains such as these are special & perhaps still quite cheap!

१.com
xn--e4b.com

ॐ.com
xn--q3b.com

IDN are newfangled and not yet common as the ABCs

But surely local languages ultimately have great appeal. Not everyone's comfortable with English and Romanization, some hope to Resist Cultural Imperialism. etc.

Two- and three-letter (LL.com, NN.com, LLL.com) sell for many hundreds of thousands of US$; even if IDN never catch-up, demand is not yet 10%, sometimes barely 1% ... that's massive upside potential!
And size of the internet & user numbers may double in the next five years.
What's a reasonable price in 2020 for
१.com or
ॐ.com

?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom