Today is the last day to submit your domains for auctions on World Domain Day

IT.com
"Update 21st Aug: We have to pull out .IN names from auction, following an advisory from the .IN registry asking not to auction .IN names."

Shame but not that surprising

This advisory is really surprising considering that NIXI is having a lofty goal of having 2.5M .in names registered by 2015. [Refer post http://www.inforum.in/general-india...eyes-2-5-million-dot-domain-names-2015-a.html and link: National Internet Exchange of India eyes 2.5-million dot In domain names by 2015 - Economic Times ]

If NIXI are banning auctions of .in names who will even know that .in are valuable & viable extension for Business in India. I'm really surprised by this decision.

Only 1 of my domain got selected and I was excited to see it in the auction but how I forgot that .in registry officially doesn't allow .in domains to be auctioned.

We try hard to legalize it.... but black sheep among us..does its work... we will elaborate more on this very soon.

Agree, em some very nice names.

Hope they don't suffer from the Sedo syndrome and end up with unrealistic high reserves, pointless if that is the case.

Overall- reserves way too high.

We try hard to legalize it.... but black sheep among us..does its work... we will elaborate more on this very soon.
Don't quite understand the Auction Ban ...Can they block sale of businesses, I am sure not. Would like to know who is against it..

Don't quite understand the Auction Ban ...Can they block sale of businesses, I am sure not. Would like to know who is against it..

Basically you are not allowed to advertise .co.in/.in for sale. If your names are parked at the likes of Sedo with a for sale option they could be seized by the in registry although I have not heard of it happening?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom