Times of India Gets ICANN Accreditation

Ceres

I just read that the Times of India has obtained ICANN accreditation for .com, .net, .info and .org domains.

With this, TIL has graduated from being a prominent domain reseller to join a handful of Indian organisations that have attained the status of being full-fledged registrars.
Source: Times Internet appointed domain registrar

I don't see Times of India on the list of accredited registrars for .IN domains. Therefore, I assume TIL is just a reseller with regard to Indian domains. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if TIL also applies to become an accredited .IN registrar...

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I think that ICANN accreditation can be used to get accreditation with NIXI. So it may well be their next step.

Ace

Country flag
yeah and all indiatimes users will get daily spam for domain registration :D

Unfortunately, TOI /IndiaTimes is one of the worst sites I have visited. Before the advent of pop-up blockers, a visit to the site would require you to click atleast 5 time before you can view the page. They have so many ads that they can be easily mistaken for a MFA (Made For Ads) site. With such a reputation, I would keep away from them.

gmiller

I think Times of India is a big organization and have not any issue regarding to ICANN and NIXI.
________
SHOWER SEX

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Recent Posts

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
HostSlick
Top Bottom