Threats after registering / renewing LLL.in domain name

IT.com

dnk

Country flag
I had registered a LLL.in domain name in 2007 and had renewed it every year. This year after renewing the domain name, I got a phone call asking me why I had registered the domain name and why I did not let it drop .
I also got an abusive email regarding the same domain name.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what action is recommended in such cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
just ignore those cheapos

keep that email and phone number call history safe.

Is it a common practice to receive such emails / phone calls? That is why I wish the .in registry offered a privacy option like gTLds.

I wouldn't say that it's normal at all.

I've had issues with non .in domains that are similar -aggressive phone calls and even a visit to my home - by the previous owners of domains that were dropped. There are always a few flakes out there.

I wouldn't say that it's normal at all.

I've had issues with non .in domains that are similar -aggressive phone calls and even a visit to my home - by the previous owners of domains that were dropped. There are always a few flakes out there.
OMG! People are mad! What did he tell you?

In our industry - its first come first serve - means if you're too late to the party (too late to register the domain) - you're most likely gonna miss the fun (not going to get that domain).

I get threats like this regularly - some have cc'd their attorneys on the emails. Unless they assure me that the registered domain is infringed upon, I ignore those emails. In this day and age, we're too busy to deal with nonsense!

just ignore those cheapos

keep that email and phone number call history safe.

Second Chandan. Keep that email safe. If you are in US, contact your local police. The local police are best suited for this.

If you are not in US, I believe you might in India. Don't worry, in India there is a decent CyberLaw. You can contact the CybeLaw division of the police force. I don't have the address but you can google it.

In any event, remain cool and don't panic. Easier said then done.

--Ace

Now a day there are a lot of crazy people has nothing to do and did frank call like that. If I were you, I will say " You want some ? Come Get Some ? ". Anyway, if that domain is has nothing to do with trademark, then nothing to worry. Enjoy with it.

Just that he wanted to discuss "getting his domain back"...
This is not a dropped domain, it was available and I had registered it. I don't think any one had registered it earlier and it has nothing to do with trademark.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a dropped domain, it was available and I had registered it. I don't think any one had registered it earlier and it has nothing to do with trademark.

from where the call came ? if it is near your locality u should contact a cyber police and take some action or else just ignore it

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom