Theme too slow

IT.com

Kaitlin

Banned
I've been using the Highend Theme on my website and I've found out that it's just basically a bunch of plugins which is what's making my site extra slow. I've tried everything else to speed it up and now I'm thinking I might have to change my theme. What are your takes on this?

Are there any plugins that you aren't using and can disable, or are they all integral to the theme? If they are essential to the theme, you might have to change it.

There are speed test plugins on wordpress.org that check how much each plugin is slowing your page down by, so one of those could tell you what the main problems are.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mallard. I will first try out the speed test plugins and see from there. I have tried a lot of different things and I do think that I may have to change the theme in the end. It's a pity, though, because I really liked it.

Every time I get to a slow website, I just move on to the next on so I think there's need for you to check what's slowing your website. Mallard's suggestion is really on point. If you cannot figure it out yourself, you could consult a professional.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ritchie. I've been trying a lot of different things and I'm making a little progress. It's a bit frustrating because I have to learn everything from scratch but I know that eventually this knowledge will pay off.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom