The Zoho.com Domain Saga!

IT.com
Strange. I've found hosts are often like that, but to see a registrar act like that is unusual. It also opens up a way for competitors of websites registered through TierraNet to shut those websites down.

There is extensive chatter on this and "domain of control" conversations in Hacker News etc. This is a big subject given the size and implications...the brief views on this of mine are -

• Unless every option after due diligence has been exhausted this step should not have been taken by the Registrar
  • Shoot first ask questions later given the ignorance is the norm in that sector
  • Just because something is in SpamHaus or some other database does not mean a crime is associated with the domain
  • Zoho - chose a lousy low scale operator for such a global business - Tierra really?
  • Chose your business service provider carefully - well GD is no better support wise - you will be chatting with a Sai Reddy from Hyderabad who repeats everything like a robot thats on this knowledgebase portal and wont resolve anything even in a crisis...
  • Also they have their online assets all over and not well managed - its like they could well forget to renew
Some lessons here for sure.....and a very similar experience to mine in 2013 albeit at a micro scale on non operational domains

Last edited:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom