The use of banners and pop ups

IT.com

dibon

I have always thought that these can annoy potential customers visiting your website. However, when used effectively, this can really promote your business. Have you ever made an impulse purchase because of a pop up that was highlighting special offers? Well, I have fallen for this bait severally.

Nope, If I start getting popups, I normally leave the site immediately. Very annoying in my book.

That's the case most of the time @JackD and I always close them as well. The only pop up I can click on is one that highlights something I need at that point in time or an item that is on offer. Overall. pop ups are really annoying and I'm not sure if this is a good medium for any business for that matter.

I'm not really a pop up ad supporter. They tend to annoy me, though yes, I may have clicked on a couple in the past. However, a pop up ad has never lead to me purchasing something.

Popups are annoying; I'd prefer banners any time. Every time I see one, that's the end of me and that site. I am not sure about banners but I think they are more useful for brand recognition.

I stand corrected but I think that Google punishes sites that use annoying pop-up ads (I doubt if there are any that aren't annoying). A site that uses them even risks worse search results and lower rankings.

Yes, Google tends to have stringent rules in as far as the use of pop ups is concerned. It's more of a trial-and-error method. As far as banners are concerned, I think that they are far much effective and less annoying to the website visitor(s).

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom