The state of domain name brokers

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
I have been really worried lately with the current state of domain name brokers. You may have read how “I don’t like brokers”.

The problem is that most of the brokers know very little about domain names when they enter the business and most leave the business before they even learn anything.

Most of the so called brokers are simply sales people but domain names are not tables or toothbrushes. It takes time to learn the in and outs of domaining and most sales people are only concerned about reaching the yearly sales goal and getting commissions.

I had a conversation the other day with Elliot Silver about domain name experts. I mentioned that most domain name brokers are not domain name experts. For me “domain name expert” is not a term I use for many people. I might call them domain name professionals but not experts.

Owners know more about their domain names than any other person will ever know. And from I have seen brokers do not ask many questions when they are assigned a domain name. (Past offers, legal potential problems, traffic, history, price purchased and so on)

Complete article here

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Adam Strong discusses the state of the domain name aftermarket. Resources 0
C Domain name of State of India - Haryana For Sale 2
DNJournal.com State of the Industry Cover Story & New DNJ Domain Sales Report The Lounge 0
domainking131 State Farm Mutual Files Complaint for Two State Farm-Related Domain Names Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 State Farm Mutual Files Complaint for Four State Farm-Related Domain Names Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing State of the Domain Industry! The Lounge 0
ebiz4india Alabama.in | 6yrs old, USA State Domain For Sale 0
ebiz4india Gujarat (Indian State) - Pure GEO Domain for sale For Sale 0
M Great Indian state domain For Sale 0
Digital Pandit DN Journal: Two Dozen Experts discuss 2021 State of business industry Resources 0
Digital Pandit Arizona State University doesn't want SunDevils.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit State Farm couldn't make it in the BigStateFarmAgent.com UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit John Colascione: Seven Days Remain to State Your Case on Price Cap Removal for Legacy Domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit John Colascione in Charge of Developing "NorthDakota.com" Devoted to the State Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com DNJournal's 14th Annual State of the Industry Report The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com The State of the Industry 2017: 17 Experts Dissect 2016 and Forecast What's Coming in the New Year The Lounge 0
wot Indian State .co.in! For Sale 0
D PREMIUM Indian State & City IDN's - तिरुपति.भारत etc For Sale 1
W The State Of The Web 2015 (India) The Lounge 1
domainking131 Akamai Technologies releases 'State of the Internet' for Q2 2014 Business and Economy 0
CyberKing The State of the Internet Report from Akamai (Q3 2013) The Lounge 0
ImageAuthors 77 State Lottery .COMs ... DakotaLottery.com, etc. ... $1 starting bid External Auctions 0
M Geo! Indian state .info domains For Sale 1
DNJournal.com State of the Industry: 15 Experts Weigh In on Where We've Been & Where We Are Heading Non-Indian Domains 0
C haryana.org.in - Indian State name For Sale 1
Jeff State of the Market General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
skyshipper Indian state ! For Sale 1
DNJournal.com The State of the Industry January 2012: DN Journal's Biggest Annual Cover Story The Lounge 0
F India's IMP State - West Bengal RENAMED to... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
wot ArunachalPradesh.org.in -Indian state For Sale 0
Ceres India's New State: Telangana The Lounge 5
skyshipper indian state and union territory For Sale 1
R State Bank of India (CANADA) - Help The Lounge 5
Ceres Hacked website: State Bank of India The Lounge 3
ekal 90 Indian City and State Names for Sale For Sale 1
S World Economic State The Lounge 6
ekal Indian State Names For Sale 0
FishSEO 15 State / City India Domains For Sale 2
FishSEO State and Large City Domains Domain Appraisals 3
Host.co.in 25% OFF Windows Hosting - Free Domain - SSD Storage - 24/7 Support - [Host.co.in] For Sale / Advertising 1
Digital Pandit Liquid domains report: $17M in Escrow(.)com domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Host.co.in [Host.co.in] 25% OFF cPanel Hosting - 99.95% Uptime - Free Domain - 24/7 Support For Sale / Advertising 2
Digital Pandit A downside to “Buy Now” for domain names Resources 0
Digital Pandit DN Journal: This week's domain names sales chart Resources 0
Digital Pandit Uni becomes first company to mint domain name extensions as NFTs Registrars 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Closing domain deals with a contract Resources 0
Digital Pandit Past week's end-user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver on how to list a domain name for sale Resources 0
DNJournal.com Surge in 6-Figure Domain Sales Continues With a Record 17 Names Hitting That Mark on New DNJ Chart The Lounge 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Michael Gargiulo on worldwide jurisdiction risk that domain investors and brokers face Resources 0