Telenor wins Telenor.co.in

IT.com

Ceres

Not surprisingly, the well-known Norwegian telecommunications company Telenor won the domain telenor.co.in in the latest INDRP case.

Telenor extensively uses its trademarks for 'TELENOR' all over the world, including in India.

The respondent did not file a response to this INDRP case, and there was no evidence to suggest that it had a connection with the name 'Telenor.'

When Telenor initially contacted the respondent to request the transfer the domain, the respondent demanded approx. $400 (it's not clear to me if this is the exact amount). Of this amount, $100 was to cover registration and labour fees.

I think that Telenor deserved to win this domain as the company had obviously acquired rights over the name Telenor, and Telenor is not a generic name. Also, I think the respondent made a mistake in asking for such a high amount for the transfer of the domain and it could have easily avoided the case going to arbitration.

I note that the domain Telenor.in is also under dispute, and is on the pending list of INDRP cases. Different respondent, but I predict the same decision.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom