SwineFlu.co.in

IT.com

hosting

Looks like somebody from dnforum launched the website on swineflu.co.in.

That was really quick thinking ;-)

Yes, that was quick work. No doubt people are currently looking for info on swine flu.

However, are these type of domains worth registering? A lot of 'recession-related domains' were also registered not so long ago. But what happens when the recession is over, or the swine flu epidemic is over? Will there be end user demand for such domains?

I suppose if revenue from the website covers expenses such as reg fee and the time it takes you to set up a site, then you haven't really lost that much. You may even make a profit. Unfortunately, I've noticed that a lot of these types of sites have little or no original content (they simply pull content/news from other sites).

I think such domains have short-term potential only. What are your views? Have I missed something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Jarred Cohen of Bido recently sold SwineFlu.com.

Probably building a site like on SwineFlu.co.in is the best way to go - other than the .com, I don't see much of a domainer aftermarket for these domains.

Yes useful IF a site is built and they use adsense or something like that to recoup the cost of the registration and maybe make a profit but investment wise? these type of registrations are short lived it happens every disaster which personally i think is distasteful but hey thats just my opinion.

I'm not sure it's more distasteful than registering cancer.co.in or something like that....

But yes, I think most people who do this sort of thing end up losing money. That's distasteful :)

The pork lobbyists didn't like the name.

The flu is spread by being around affected pigs or through human-to-human contact. Apparently, you don't get 'swine flu' by eating pork.

I'm guessing that stat only takes into consideration gTLDs and not ccTLDs.

I missed registering a few top swineflu related .com's by a couple of days. This didn't really worry me too much.

I actually have a background in microbiology and what was annoying is others seized the opportunity when I have a really good understanding of the industry.

The good news is it hasn't become a repeat of the 1918 pandemic.

btw yes swineflu sounds much better than Influenza A H1N1

Whilst reading about the increase of swine flu related deaths in India, I was reminded of this thread. So, 6 months later, I decided to check how well SwineFlu.co.in is doing on Google India. Currently, the website ranks as follows:

- 4th for "swine flu news"
- 5th for "swine flu 2009"
- 7th for "swine flu epidemic"
- 11th for "swine flu"
- It has a PR1
- Alexa: 1,027,924

My question: do you think it's fairly easy to rank an Indian website on Google India, or is the owner of SwineFlu.co.in doing a decent job with this type of website (ie a site that includes aggregated content only)? What's the answer?

My question: do you think it's fairly easy to rank an Indian website on Google India, or is the owner of SwineFlu.co.in doing a decent job with this type of website (ie a site that includes aggregated content only)? What's the answer?

I think in general it's a lot easier to rank in Google India than in Google.com. It doesn't look like a lot of SEO work was done to this website, yet it's getting decent enough rankings.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom