sushi or no sushi?

IT.com

zeelot

I own the name sushi.com. I planned to develop it but now have chosen to focus my resources on other projects. The name simply has a "Sushi: coming soon" banner at present.
I would like to offer the name to reputable sushi restaurant chains, many of which have the word 'sushi' in their trademarked names.

Good idea? Bad idea? Risks?

Nice name! There is always some risk with doing that, but I think that Sushi.com is generic enough that it won't be an issue.

Well I agree that you have a good domain name and it can be quickly sold at good rates but the issue is that incase some restaurant has registered in name of sushi itself, they might file some case on you or something like that. Better you consult some professional before your proceed.

Very good name. Actually, a great name! i'm not much of a developer, so i can't keep my mind of thinking about this name on auction. Good luck though..

I don't think that anyone could actually bring a claim against you as Sushi is a generic word which can not be trademarked. You could also develop the site yourself and sell advertising space to Sushi restaurants, companies etc.

Its definitely a generic name..so you shouldnt face any trademark or copyright issues..don't know the potential of the name though..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom