Success.co.in

IT.com
The fact this is on Bido amazes me, in a bad way. I'm all for .in and co.in getting exposure on great sites like Bido, and this is an "ok" domain, but by no means representative of the upper tier of co.in available. I wonder how they decided on this one to be the first .co.in? It doesn't even seem tier 2 to me.
I know they got better submissions, some were mine :) And I do have a co.in coming up on Bido soon, I'm not sure I'm allowed to disclose what it is yet, I'll have to re-read the contract.
If this ends up going for alot, fantastic for .co.in...but doubtful IMO. I don't see a clear natural use for the domain, it's more or less a 'brandable'. If it goes for $XX - low/mid $XXX no one will care much. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but in the current market I can't see it going for much more than $200 tops. Hopefully I'm very wrong and it makes an impact.
I wish they had picked a .in/co.in with crystal clear $XXXX potential to get the ball rolling though

Because it's on Bido I expect it to break the $x,xxx barrier. I doubt whether it could fetch the same price anywhere else. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

My guess is this sale will hurt .co.in and .in. Bido is a business. They make money on commissions on sales. They keep 10%. On a sale of $292, their earnings won't buy coffee for the sales staff. If they have only one sale a day, they're unlikely to give a $29 profit a chance to redeem itself. Don't look for Bido to sell another Indian domain for at least another year.

I thought the sale would be healthier. I assumed Bido appeals to a close claque of friends who bail each other out by buying anything anyone puts up for sale. It looks as if that assumption is wrong. No one came into this auction riding a white horse to rescue this maiden.

Bear in mid that this is one man's opinion. You may not think so, but I have actually been wrong on occasion. Not often, but...:rolleyes:

My guess is this sale will hurt .co.in and .in. Bido is a business. They make money on commissions on sales. They keep 10%. On a sale of $292, their earnings won't buy coffee for the sales staff. If they have only one sale a day, they're unlikely to give a $29 profit a chance to redeem itself. Don't look for Bido to sell another Indian domain for at least another year.

I thought the sale would be healthier. I assumed Bido appeals to a close claque of friends who bail each other out by buying anything anyone puts up for sale. It looks as if that assumption is wrong. No one came into this auction riding a white horse to rescue this maiden.

I agree. It definitely can't help having sold for so little.

I believe I heard somewhere that there was another Indian domain coming up at bido(don't quote me on this)

Lets just hope the next public .co.in sale goes big.

I didn't bid (having never done this before) thinking the price would be high. I put down an offer to buy it for $300 from the auction winner.

Wild. I put Spirit.co.in on all the forums last month for a minimum bid of less than what Success went for.
I think most would agree that by all accounts Spirit is "better" or at the VERY least equal. It's got more searches per month, more brandable and memorable, more obvious existing end users, more everything IMO.
I didn't get a bid on it or even a lowball offer from anywhere during that time. You just never know what people like at any given time. Or maybe just no one felt like buying from me ;)
I think the fact Bido chose "success" to be on their site somehow gave it some undeserved prestige and high expectations. I guess I'm in the minority here but I honestly wouldn't have paid $50 for 'success'. I just don't see a big end user ready to come running for the domain. The .IN would have been another story. ccTLD's have to be amazing, this one wasn't amazing :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
was pleasently surprised at success.co.in @bido.

At T.R.A.F.F.I.C. silicon valley santa clara (hotel marriot for live bidding)
there are again some .in names(not .co.in!)
bizzare.in

autoaccident.in

healthinsuranceplan.in

now this will be keenly watched i guess .is success a lull before the storm or is it the harbinger of things;)
auction software download before online bidding 3days prior to auction start.

Bizzare is right! These were accepted into a TRAFFIC auction? I'll go ahead and predict reserve not met (if there is a reserve) or "pass" on all 3.
I could see healthinsurance.in being accepted, or auto.in, but those? They either need better submissions or a better guy deciding what goes in.
I hope these sell though. Like everyone, I want good things for .IN. And I think a nice $XXXXX sale at a high profile auction on an awesome .IN name is what we want. That will lift the value of all .IN, but these names don't seem to have that potential.

Hmmmmmm. Seems to me that if someone wanted to undermine the .in ccTLD they couldn't do better than to pick bizarre.in autoaccident.in and healthinsuranceplan.in to auction. These are three outstandingly dreadful choices. Maybe they were chosen by an undercover Naxalite.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom