Submit Your .IN Domains to Bido

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Bido is now accepting .in domains for its auctions (previously they only accepted .com domains). You can read more about it in our recent blog post at:
Bido Now Accepting .IN Domains : Indian Domain Name Blog

Given the exposure in the domaining community that Bido has, I think that a domain sold there will likely receive the best possible price. As well, Bido now allows reserves for auctions.

So, if you are looking to sell some of your Indian domains, please choose 4 or 5 of your best ones and submit them to Bido. Please be sure to choose good ones and set reasonable reserves.

I think a successful .in auction at Bido will do a lot to promote .in domains to the broader domaining community, given the size of Bido's audience. So, I'd encourage everyone to check through their portfolios to see if there are some good .in domains that they'd like to auction.

Thanks for infor, I will give it a Shot!

{edit}
They Charge listing fees:(

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i put this on the blog, but if u want, i put the info here too!

hi Jeff,
i have been a member of bido since it started just i got this news Wed, 25/3/09 from bido mailing list. I dont have enough good .in domains but i have put other premium cctlds of mine on bido. lets hope for the better!
It might also interest you to know that BIDO is accepting only .in domains but not accepting .co.in as i e-mailed their admin and Jarred Cohen(admin of bido) replied to me that “In the meantime, please try those .co.in that do not work as .coin for now, we will know what you mean.” means we cannot say like domain.co.in but rather domain.coin and they will know what we mean because their present system doesnt support .co.in but Jarred assured me that he is working on it.
Cheers,
Abhishek

Thanks for infor, I will give it a Shot!

{edit}
They Charge listing fees:(

Gaurish, the listing fee only applies if you set a reserve. If you set a reserve and the domain sells above the reserve, the listing fee is credited back to you.

I think this is a smart move by Bido, as it will encourage sellers to set realistic reserves.

The bottom line is if you set an unrealistic reserve, you pay a price...

Bido is still looking for some more domains. The auction will be well publicized in the domain community. If you haven't got around to it yet, submit some good domains for auction now.

@newyorkdude please dont expect anything from bido, their system is totally biased like ricklatona's digipawn & buydomain's portfolio sales, bido can put stupid domains like cornenergy.com or zgm.com or nize.com or craiglake.com for sale because it belongs to them or their friends and they will accept even if the domain looks stupid but they are having good number of searches, traffic and ranking but it wont accept 2 letter or 1 word premium cctlds which dont have any searches or traffic. that is what 'biased' thing im talking about. moreover many such marketplace owners are more interested in creating a marketplace and selling their own domains than yours.

i wonder if i got traffic at my domains already then why would i sell even for $8K at sites like bido or shito? do you know its prooved for traffic domains to make $30k every month even if they make a good blog on it. i had been a web designer & programmer all these years and was making good money over $4.5k every month by just making 2 sites a month before jumping to domaining. all i realized that domaining was just the stupidest of all online things in my entire carrier because to make million $ from domain sales would require you to go back into the past 20 years or more and aquire candy.com or toys.com and keep it for your retirement. and even if you get a good domain name, then it doesnt mean that you can sell it online for big bucks because there are these digipawn and bido's waiting to reject your app if your domain doesnt receive traffic.

if my domains receive traffic from very beginning then i wont sell them, rather develop them to make much more money because i know that domain buyers are just paying a mere fee like people do to beggars on the road of what you actually deserved by making it a website.

i decided to leave this 'biased' domaining where you beg and beg to some people to get it sold and get back to my old work so that i can be atleast be making big money an be happy with life again. i will just keep all good names i get from now on with myself for 20 years or more(till it develops in demand) and in the mean while i will develop them fully rather than wasting time at domain marketplaces. this is kind of my new year's resolution.

regards,
Abhishek

Thanks Abhishek. I'll seriously consider your words. Yes, I have suspected that some of these 'offers to sell' are hollow. And I've wondered how some websites have been put up for sale at these sellers' site. craiglake?????? Get real!!!

i think we are going off-topic from "submitting domain on bido" to "can we learn webdesigning & how to's?" to finally "design v/s content.. which is the best". lets stay on topic xD we could have made different threads for these other topics!

It would be awfully nice if Bido acknowledged submissions. I'm sitting here waiting, waiting, waiting.

@Jeff - I am in a same situation as newyorkdude. I am still waiting for their acknowledgement :-(. Since inforum.in has a good relationship with bido, it would be nice if they start acknowledging the submission especially if we(at least me) have been going through inforum.in.
Thanks

@Jeff - I am in a same situation as newyorkdude. I am still waiting for their acknowledgement :-(. Since inforum.in has a good relationship with bido, it would be nice if they start acknowledging the submission especially if we(at least me) have been going through inforum.in.
Thanks

Not sure if we'll be able to get special privileges..but, I think we can atleast get an update from them as to whether they will even acknowledge the fact that our domains were submitted or not..

@hosting,
bido mechanism is simple.
if ur a well known bigshot in domain industry like rick latona or you start a trend of a different domain extension like jeff for .in then your domain == accepted else not accepted

if(your domain accepted== yes)
{
they will catchup with u
}
else{ do nothing, and not waste time in giving acknowledgement or replying to your mails } end

better we must form a new domainer community which is 'unbiased' and has a marketplace where all domains & sites really sell for good prices. im doing some research on it at present, you can expect me to start this sort of community sometime later. its in my plan. at present im building the team and doing all which is required for it. because im tired of such people out there like bido's and digipawns.

regards,
Abhishek

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom