SubDomain Sale on Web.in

IT.com

Indweb

Few days back we received email from Reseller club that they are selling Premium .In domains and when checked it was sub-domain sale on web.in as good as a parallel registry

@wot, Yes, the web.in decision was a joke to say the least! I wonder when we will hear more about those early INDRP decisions that were appealed to the High Court...?

I notice that the domain Web.in was "on hold for compliance" since 2006. A few months ago the Whois suddenly changed.

Anyone of you can provide us list of Domains which was reserved after drop recently ? As we are discussing this issue very hotly with .IN Registry and we provided them lot of names but one more problem is coming up if any one can provide us copy of old whois record so we can prove the same to them.

We hope that we will be able to register these domains very soon as we already informed .IN registry about the same.

Thanks , copied and already sent to concern department at registry. Please provide us as much as domain which was reserve recently? as we want to see one particular trend ? Till now we find that majority of them are registered by German registrar only.

Thanks , copied and already sent to concern department at registry. Please provide us as much as domain which was reserve recently? as we want to see one particular trend ? Till now we find that majority of them are registered by German registrar only.
Dime.IN

As we are discussing this issue very hotly with .IN Registry

Good luck, I think there were a few fingers in the pie when all the shenanigans were going on and I hate to say it but the registry had to be involved in some way.

It seems to me Sanjeev is related with web.in. Also,The phone contact in web.in whois seems to be that of USA.Totally fishy business.

Web.in Archive - Who.is STATIC_URL
businessx.in Whois - business x - Who.is

If I am not wrong before they became registrar they registered india.info and business.info etc with forged trademarks. India.info was registered as In_dia honey or something like that.

Yes you are right and wrong both in this statement ?

Right : yes, web.in is registered with us but domain was under suspension for long for need of some documentation required by registry as well as by us when documenation is provided and complaince requirement are completed we unsuspend the domain and it is upto the domain owner what he does with his domain ? We never interfere in client domains sale ?

Wrong : India.info and Business.info is registered with forged trademark ? Both domains were registered by our client (we are in domain registration and webhosting business since 1998) and we double check the TM provided to us by client then only we filed application before the WIPO (These Domains originally registered with FORGED trademark in sunrise application period by One Englishman and another one was registered by one of the current director of Afilias) to get these domains and WIPO too checked the TradeMark before it was awarded to our client, Particularly domain Business.Info also gone through high court cases after WIPO award and Trademark right is also proved before the court and once court cleared this domain we brought this domain from the owner alongwith the all IP rights for very hefty sum. Currently Mitsu owned only 50% stake in Business.info domain and have almost 5 registered trademark on this domain.

We hope that this matter is cleared to you , if you still have any doubt do ask us although we are not bound to give you all internal details but we are giving this reply to clear your doubts.

1. What was compliance requirement for web.in? care to enlighten? Who owns web.in, same people who won the INDRP case?
2. With regard to india.info and business.info (there were many more), do you really believe, the trademarks were genuine?If you were merely a registration service provider why administrative, business and technical contact all were yours?
I generally not cross post from different forum, but in this case I have to,interesting posts from other domain forum regarding business.info
Business.Info Accredited Registrar for .in ?
now business.info got .in accredition

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What was compliance requirement for web.in? care to enlighten? Who owns web.in, same people who won the INDRP case?
2. With regard to india.info and business.info (there were many more), do you really believe, the trademarks were genuine?If you were merely a registration service provider why administrative, business and technical contact all were yours?
I generally not cross post from different forum, but in this case I have to,interesting posts from other domain forum regarding business.info
Business.Info Accredited Registrar for .in ?
now business.info got .in accredition

1. As a registrar we are not allowed to give any personal or internal details ? so what was the compliance requirement you are not suppose to know as you are not party of the case ? Domain was own by the people who won the case and they still have valid TM ?

2. All trademarks are valid and genuine , We do provide legal services to the client since long (Our success rate is 100%) and whenever we won the domains for client we used to keep only registrant contact to the original owner and all other details we keep in our name because if any further cases are filed then we can easily know about the status ? We donot think that ADMIN or Tech contacts makes you the owner ?

As far as domain Business.info and India.info is concern these two domains are won in WIPO case proceedings by our clients ? And WIPO awarded the domains only after lot of checks and now if you doubt WIPO or their process as corrupt then we donot have reply ?
In original sunrise registration of Business.info one of the top person of registry was involved and if any other genuine TM holder from third world country took the domain through WIPO process then all hue and cry ? but when it was with German Attorney with forged TM then no one was raising voice to ICANN ?

Which registration is better a domain registered by forged Trademark or domain taken through WIPO process with genuine trademark ?

My dear catchnames , Give us one honest reply if you have Trademark on particular term and if domains are allotted to Trademark owners first then will you go for registration or NOT ? We think not only you but everyone who have TM will try to get the one ? so what's wrong in that ? We observe that people who donot get domains are making all kind of hue and cry ?

What you saw in .co ? by the process registry sold almost all top .co domains then what ?

We are in opinion that if registry rules are giving chance to someone to register domain then they should register.

After .info we learn a lesson and we registered some trademark to safeguard ourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.Regarding web.in I am not sure why and how, a domain related policy need to confidential. Particularly when current whois shows address of India and phone number of USA.A compliance rule should be made public.
2. India.info and Business.info was sunrise registration not sure what WIPO case you are referring to.I searched on WIPO UDRP cases on net and couldn't find anything for business.info
3. First thing its amazing that you are able to trademark business,india and as you said bharat. Since you have trademark on these name why not file DRP cases to acquire business.com,business.co.in, business.in, business.name etc respectively?

Cathnames,

You are taking this thread to another discussion ?

1.If web.in whois record is not proper then you should contact Directi not Mitsu ?

2. If you donot search properly then what will you get see this link :

ICANN | WIPO Report on New Generic Top-Level Domains: Intellectual Property Considerations and then go to point No. 59 ? please donot tell now that ICANN link is also forged ?

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisionsx/2001/dinfo00000-00199.html and see case no.DINFO2001-00011-0001.

3. For your last statement filing case is choice of TM holder that if their IP rights are violated or not ?

PLEASE STOP THIS NOW AS YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL ? PLEASE DONOT GO OUT OF DISCUSSION.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom