Study: Keyword-rich domains get more clicks

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Study shows that domains with keywords matching a search query get more clicks.

Verisign has published the results of a study showing that keyword-rich domain names matching a search query are more likely to get clicked in search results.

For example, if someone searches for “How do I create a personal brand online?” the domain PersonalSpaceOnline.com has two matching keywords from the search query.

Verisign looked at the click-through rates of the top 20 search results for 11 million search queries.

Results that didn’t have any matching keywords in the second level domain had a 12.44% click rate. Those with one matching term were clicked 21.79% of the time, and two or more words 25.30%.

Source

Not a surprise to me. I know that a lot of bashing of keyword domains is going on, but even if Google does not give them any bonus, there are a lot of other practical reasons to use them.

Seems obvious at first but I never thought that keywords rich domains could improve your traffic so much, more than 20% is huge at least for me. And because of that these domains are usually more expensive than some obscure domain name with zero keywords.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom