Strange Yet Useful

Swisslist

What is the strangest thing you have ever seen or read on the internet that you could actually use to your benefit for your own website?

Specifics not needed......generalities will do.

ritchie

I can't recall anything strange per se but there was this time when I read that creating controversy on your site can be a good way to create links. For instance, you can highlight two opposing instances in your niche then look at the different viewpoints without creating a bias. This can make you an avenue through which other people create attention for you.

Dusart

Banned
The strangest thing I read was about 'legally stealing traffic from other websites for free'. This shocked me to the core, especially after a friend of mine demonstrated how to do this effectively.

The strangest thing I read was about 'legally stealing traffic from other websites for free'. This shocked me to the core, especially after a friend of mine demonstrated how to do this effectively.
Dude you awoke my curiosity, can you please tell me how you steal traffic from other websites, that to for free. I know we can get some traffic by leaving links of our sites in the comment box but besides that is there any other way to do it , if there is one, then please share.

Britney

You're not the only one, Prasanna Kumar, I also would dearly love to hear how this is achievable. If it's not illegal or unethical, I'm quite sure everyone here would benefit from hearing about it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Strange whois for an .in name General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
C Strange registar problem General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
wot Strange General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
V Have you ever had to work for a strange boss? The Lounge 1
Digital Pandit Rick's yet another musing: 2-Minute Guide to Domain Name Valuations!! Resources 0
Digital Pandit Can .CPA be the most successful newGTLD launch yet ? New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Very Funny and Yet Very Insightful: Alvin Brown talks domain investing with quirky Vikunth Navani Resources 0
Digital Pandit Dan Sanchez's list of quality domains not yet registered Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Yet Again!! : Kit moves from kit.com to kit.co Non-Indian Domains 0
webmaster75 Lie.us Yet.us Orc.us.. Non-India Related Domains 0
Digital Pandit Yet Again: Google Chrome messes with domain names in browser address bar Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Just Wait !! : The last wave of comments on .amazon hasn’t started yet New GTLDs 0
Britney New Year Yet! The Lounge 3
anquest Mike the 'MANN' Flips 'OUT' (Yet Again) / Achieves ROIs of 4,678% + 311,000% | The DN Journal TOP 20 New GTLDs 0
domainking131 52 new TLD sales over $5,000 you probably haven’t seen yet New GTLDs 1
domainking131 Yet another Entrepreneur Media lawsuit against an entrepreneur Legal Issues and Dispute 0
B buymyflat.in (There is no dedicated site yet for only selling flats by owners) For Sale 0
domainking131 .Online could be best generic domain yet New GTLDs 0
C Yet Another Whois tool The Lounge 8
E Yet Another Attempt at an Indian MySpace Indian Websites and Start-ups 4
Digital Pandit DNacademy is releasing some really useful stuff Resources 0
D Useful Books Marketing Your Website 1
Mallard Is RSS still useful? Webmaster Forum 4
domainking131 Namebio turns 10. It's one of the most useful tools for a domainer Resources 2
domainking131 This is the most useful thing Bill Gates ever learned The Lounge 0
domainking131 20 incredibly useful tools for Web Designers Resources 0
domainking131 Sitepoint.com-Learn useful technical skills Resources 0
K Useful thing when selling to Indian end users. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
ilovedomains useful-link.com Alexa india 30k Non-India Related Domains 0