Strange whois for an .in name

IT.com

oneventures

Country flag
I was checking the whos for a name at registry.in, and strangely the whois said the name had expired in February 2009. But its status was still "OK".

Maybe if it was a reserved name/owned by the registry I could understand it, but this one seems to be owned by an .in registrar.

Does anyone know if .in registrars can simply keep domains that have already expired?

PM us the domain name may be we can help you.

Hi, thanks. I might as well post the info here, as I was only looking at it out of curiosity:

Domain ID:D611750-AFIN

Domain Name:INNAMES.IN

Created On:22-Feb-2005 06:00:22 UTC

Last Updated On:22-Feb-2008 22:30:29 UTC

Expiration Date:22-Feb-2009 06:00:22 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:Magnum International (R50-AFIN)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is because the particular registrar has closed down its operation and due that these domains are resolving but renewal actions are not placed by registrar.

.In registry is resolving this case and very soon same will be ok.

does that mean , domains registered @innames will not be deleted by registry , what about renewals ? not required if the registrar quits the game;):p

same with nationalgeographic.co.in

:confused:

does that mean , domains registered @innames will not be deleted by registry , what about renewals ? not required if the registrar quits the game;):p

same with nationalgeographic.co.in

:confused:

No Need to Panic !

First to clear that domains are regitered by Registrar called Magnum International not the innames.

Whenever registrar go our of business domains are automatically renewed by registry and whenever new registrar takes over , all charges paid by them to registry for renewal of domains is recover from registrarnt of domain.

As per the policy of the registry registrant never suffers in these situations they will simply require to transfer the domain names whenever new registrar takes over.

currently .IN registry is in process of clearing all this , rest assured everything will be fine.

We are trying to takeover the particular registrar and if current registrant will not pay for these domains renewal then we will transfer these names to Mitsu's regular customers by charging them our cost.

Yes, this is because the particular registrar has closed down its operation and due that these domains are resolving but renewal actions are not placed by registrar.

.In registry is resolving this case and very soon same will be ok.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense then.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom