Static site generators

IT.com

tulip

So it is possible to create websites using site generators. Does anyone have any experience with this? As opposed to a database, the web pages are files running on the servers. From what I have heard, in this way the website loads faster, there's easy development and better security handling. Is this a viable option?

There are site generators that just produce the HTML pages for the web. If you aren't collecting user data and just want something basic, they are a quick and easy way to build a site. Just watch for the ones that say they are site generators but actually run something like wordpress in the background, so they still have a database and all the vulnerabilities.

Is it advisable to use things like site generators? I don't know much about them, but I try to stay away from anything that might get me a penalty from Google.

I have used static site generators. Some of them make use of the bootstrap. And some of them make use of the foundation framework. Most of such scripts are good.But for long terms it is better to go with the WordPress. And thats how things are going to be lot better to handle instead of editing one file at a time.

There are site generators that just produce the HTML pages for the web. If you aren't collecting user data and just want something basic, they are a quick and easy way to build a site. Just watch for the ones that say they are site generators but actually run something like wordpress in the background, so they still have a database and all the vulnerabilities.

Agreed. They are surely a nice way to start something simple. Even better, you can get the files out by FTP and tweak them if you find that something needs changing or add something new. You don't have to start it from the scratch.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom