Starting an online business for teenagers

IT.com

Britney

I would like to encourage my teen son to start a business online designing websites and things like that, and I want to hear what your opinions are. Is it a great idea to do this at his age. I know he is very talented and would probably be successful at it, but I don't know if he's ready for all that yet.

It's never too early or too late to learn about business and improve your personal and financial future. I say go for it. If he has the talent, let him use it. But does he have the passion for it or will you help him start something only to end up doing most of the work yourself because he has lost interest? You know how teenagers are. They have the attention span of a poodle.

I think it's the prefect way to get your feet wet (get started) in the business world. Where else in real life can you own a business before the age of 18?

How disciplined in this teenager's focus? It's good that he has talent in design, a person can make a lot of money online with that talent. But he has to stay focused on work while online.

I have to agree with Swisslist here. See, if the idea to go online hasn't emanated from him, chances are that he will lose focus on it leading to failure. I know a lot of teenagers who manage online businesses and when you ask them, it was actually their idea. Their parents only came through when financing was needed.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom